DECLUTTER....in 40 days ....care to join me ?

(467 Posts)
spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 22:39:38

Have decided the only way I'm ever gonna get organised it to own less ....

I like the look of this

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/8-weeks-to-declutter.pdf

spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 22:40:01
LackaDAISYcal Tue 28-May-13 22:48:57

I think it will take more than 30 mins a day over 40 days to declutter this hellhole blush

But I suppose it is making a start though. I think I'll lurk and see what I can do myself in that time!

Good Luck smile

MrsFrederickWentworth Tue 28-May-13 22:55:47

I'll lurk too. The only way we works declutter in that time would be to find a flame thrower. But I could make a start.

superfluouscurves Tue 28-May-13 22:56:32

Great idea for a thread spiderbabymum. Live abroad so only 33 days until end of term/start of summer holidays and quite a few of those are already booked up so need to do something urgently to get house in order. Have had all year to declutter (with help of Flylady) and haven't done it or at least haven't been consistent. Will read link again in morning and see if I can muster some motivation!

Good luck with all the chucking out!

MyPreciousRing Tue 28-May-13 22:58:03

I'm in!
Thanks for the link

spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 22:58:23

COME ON

Half an hour a day . Get rid of ten items a day !!

That's the only rules

We can manage that!!!

happyAvocado Tue 28-May-13 22:58:34

I'm with you - I like that list they gave.
It will take me several days to go through boks but my clothes have been sorted 6 months ago so not much work there smile

spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 23:01:27

Yes some of the days I will need to plan ahead for .

Eg the videos / DVDs are in different boxes all over the house

But that's where HE comes in .....

I plan to take a getting ready for a school day approach

GET all the stuff out the night before .!! With the help of him downstairs

MyPreciousRing Tue 28-May-13 23:01:37

Oh sad struggling with it on my phone as a pdf - is there a website OP?

spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 23:02:05

LOOK it's only five days a week .

MyPreciousRing Tue 28-May-13 23:04:18

Ah, cross post. So only rules are to chuck ten items per day?

Right, I won't attempt to download and read - will just do that grin

Does one page of a bank statement count as one item do you reckon...[Wink]?

Easy peasy

spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 23:13:22

Keeperofthehome.org

Is where I found it

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/

Found link to above on minimalistmom

First one full of JESUS and suchlike

spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 23:13:52
spiderbabymum Tue 28-May-13 23:14:34
MrsFrederickWentworth Wed 29-May-13 08:15:16

Well, even if I don't keep to the rules, even an item a day would be better than none.

rubyrubyruby Wed 29-May-13 08:24:25

<<thinks about it>>

NotAnotherPackedLunch Wed 29-May-13 08:28:10

I'm in, but I won't be starting until half term is over.
My first bit of decluttering will be to get the children off the premises and back to school. grin

outtolunchagain Wed 29-May-13 08:31:51

I'm in , we started this weekend but still have enormous amounts of stuff, booked old chest of drawers into auction yesterday and threw out old desk and replaced with neater more useful one for ds2.

My big problem is books I hate getting rid of them it feels bad somehow.

chimchar Wed 29-May-13 08:37:38

I have spent DAYS clearing out my bedroom...it was shameful.

Now it's clear (nothing under the bed anymore either!!!) I feel fantastic! I somehow feel lighter and far happier.

Slowly moving on to other spaces which aren't quite so bad, but I will happily lurk and get rid of ten bits a day....

hardbeingme Wed 29-May-13 08:39:50

i'm in! although will probably have to sneak it past dh - he thinks everything.is.potential ebay/boot fair fodder and in reality we never get rid of anything and i am genuinely worried the ceiling is going to fall down from sheer volume of loft!!! maybe i could commit to listing ten things a day to starting at 99p aswell

books are a problem though i luffs them but in reality am never going to reread the thrillers - i know who dunnit, but hate getting rid.

rubyrubyruby Wed 29-May-13 08:41:14

Ok - I'm in and I will start today smile
I'm going to do a small area or cupboard a day but will not be getting rid of my car.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 29-May-13 08:41:24

I'm in - one of our spare rooms will now need to be cleared and decorated for unexpected BFP. Unfortunately, it's the one I use to pile all the crap up in.

Need to get started....

MadBusLady Wed 29-May-13 08:46:39

Ah, I need this! We moved two months ago and still unpacking the last things and it makes you reassess what you really need. But I've still not taken any actual decisions so things are getting half-heartedly put away with an "I'll think about chucking that later." Feeble.

booksandchoc Wed 29-May-13 09:29:22

I'm in! At work now so can't read the whole link. Will start tonight once in home. Just marking my place now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now