Which tumble dryer?

(16 Posts)
yetanotherworry Fri 24-May-13 10:20:53

Oooh, I think I saw that in Curry's on the weekend. It looked a bit ugly but I might go and take a look again.

handcream Fri 24-May-13 09:35:17

Which are raving (very unusual for them) about a Panosonic dryer at £550. Says it costs 2/3 less than normal dryers per year. Statement just came out in this months Which?

Frontdoorstep Fri 24-May-13 07:51:14

I've just bought a new tumble dryer, well about four months ago. I searched on appliances direct by price in ascending order and went for (just about) the cheapest one I could find. It is a Zanussi, was under £200 and it is a condenser dryer, very happy with it.

Eastpoint Fri 24-May-13 06:21:21

The Miele washer/drier has a different capacity for drying too. Complete pain. Maybe they're ok if you are a single person but with a family of 5 & 2 dogs they are not up to the job.

MinimalistMommi Wed 22-May-13 14:27:48

Space is a problem here, we HAVE to get a washer dryer since we moved sad

yetanotherworry Wed 22-May-13 14:22:02

Washer dryers never compare favourbly with separate dryers though. Mini, we used to have LG washer/dryer and it used to do the job ok. Main problem was that I had to split the wash load in half to try it i.e. could do a 7kg wash but only dry 3.5kg. I think the majority of washers are the same.

Anyway, I think I've decided to go for the LG dryer... now to decide which model and find a good price.

handcream Wed 22-May-13 11:42:28

Which? does say that if at all possible DONT go for a washer dryer.... However if you really have to last year they rated the Indesit PWDC8125 or IWDC6143 which are under £500

I do likie my Miele washer but got it at a discount. I would never buy a Miele washer dryer unless I was flush with money. What about John Lewis range. They tend to have 3-5 yr guarantees.

MinimalistMommi Wed 22-May-13 08:10:12

East that's not heartening to hear, we're saving up for one of those sad

Eastpoint Wed 22-May-13 07:45:03

I have a Miele condenser washer/drier & it is fine at washing but very poor at drying. I would replace it if it hadn't cost a fortune.

yetanotherworry Tue 21-May-13 17:32:19

handcream, do you know what they think of the LG?

We have a Miele washing machine and I've been a bit disappointed by some of the features (or lack of) so I am reluctant to go down the Miele route again.

John Lewis/AEG was my first choice as we could afford the heat pump version of the JL which is more energy-efficient but online reviews have problems with drying abilities.

handcream Tue 21-May-13 17:27:58

Which? LOVE Miele but their tumble dryers are in IMHO too expensive! I have a Miele Washing Machine and its good but not worth the mega bucks. Its 10 yrs old and once it goes I will replace with perhaps a Siemens or a top of the range Bosch. Or even a John Lewis own make.

MinimalistMommi Tue 21-May-13 17:25:07

Actually, yes, they do get quite twisted up but I thought that was tumble dryers in general and have never thought about it much! Certainly not seen it as a problem. I've always felt very fondly towards because it can dry such a big load.

yetanotherworry Tue 21-May-13 17:23:17

I was put off the Bosch because the online reviews say its not good for doing sheets and duvet covers which is mainly what I use the dryer for. Do you find you have problems with bedding getting twisted and not drying properly?

MinimalistMommi Tue 21-May-13 17:02:59

If I had the money I would go for Miele though!

MinimalistMommi Tue 21-May-13 17:02:27

I'm very pleased with my Bosch Classix 7, I did a ton of research (Which magazine) before I bought and I'm very pleased, especially with the extra dry cycle. It's actually running now grin it's got a big drum so I can dry entire loads easily in one go.

yetanotherworry Tue 21-May-13 16:21:25

My old tumble dryer has finally given up and I need to buy a new one. It has to be a condensor dryer. I think I've narrowed it down to an LG but not sure whether I should be looking at one that has a heat pump which is super-expensive. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, does anyone have a Which subscription where they can check out how LG compares with Miele for me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now