Kitchen Island Thing

(4 Posts)
wendybird77 Wed 08-May-13 21:31:45

I love mine, but do make an effort to keep it clear by having dedicated dumping areas elsewhere. I was anal about the kitchen design though, so mine works quite well for us. We keep the crockery / cutlery in drawers on one side and the other is narrow cupboards for rarely used items and stools for sitting at. My mum had one that was between the sink and fridge and she hated it exactly because she was forever walking around it.

timidviper Wed 08-May-13 20:01:34

Mine is gorgeous, I love it and it doesn't get cluttered much, that happens to the dresser instead.
I don't have a problem walking around it but mine is almost square rather than long and narrow.
I think it is down to the kitchen design tbh, before we redid ours we had a peninsula unit which always had junk on yet the island unit doesn't somehow.

AdoraBell Wed 08-May-13 19:56:41

I love mine so I do my best to keep it clear, nag DDs to get that off the island and put it away and remove anything OH leaves on it, usually to his desk or his side of the wardrobe.

hanahsaunt Wed 08-May-13 11:54:53

We have one. It's quite big. I spend most of my time walking around it the long/wrong way to get to what I need. One end acts as a bar table with two high chairs. What do you do with yours? Fed up of it just being used as a dumping ground.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now