Keeping cricket whites white

(10 Posts)
jalopy Sat 11-May-13 22:14:47

I wouldn't worry. They all look white from a distance.

ohforfoxsake Sat 11-May-13 22:10:22

Vanish anti-bac (the green one) is the best thing I have found for whites. I don't get the grass stains out completely because I can't be arsed to make a paste/scrub with it.

Lakeland to something, a paste (wonder white or something) which is meant to be good for stains. I have some in the cupboard (something else I haven't been arsed about blush)

dementedma Sat 11-May-13 22:03:53

Not a problem I have here in Scotland but ds's kilt socks are manky as he has been wearing them inside his wellies!

EldonAve Wed 08-May-13 19:18:23

tesco bio liquid seems to be working fine on ours - at 40 degrees

gobbin Wed 08-May-13 19:09:33

Yeah, don't bother. Use the time saved on something more interesting! (gobbin, owner of two grass-stained cricketers!)

I never got, either, why my mate always dressed her young lad in white socks then moaned at him for getting them dirty/green when taking his shoes off and running around the outfield. Life's too short!

Wuldric Tue 07-May-13 21:53:54

Cricket whites are meant to end up 50 shades of green

Not really. You just have to accept that they go green (and get holes in the knees). Just see it as a sign your son is an ace fielder... wink

have you tried rubbing washing up liquid into the stains before rewashing?

fromwesttoeast Tue 07-May-13 21:21:10

I'd love an answer to this one too!

diavlo Tue 07-May-13 18:09:30

I'm to sure this is even possible, but so far I have tried oxy-action stuff, Nappisan soaking, Aries actilift, sunlight & washing at high temp but nothing gets the grassy/muddy stains out!!!

Any magic treatments out there that I don't know about??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now