FLYlady followers flock together! Join the May fledglings – our nests we will feather!

(669 Posts)
Castlelough Sun 28-Apr-13 22:54:45

Welcome to the May Fledgling FLYers thread! :-)
... where we (loosely) follow the step-by-step Flylady housekeeping system (in our own, unique, relaxed style) with lots of and chatting along the way.

This little-and-often system is designed so that we can follow a series of steps and routines each day (which gradually become second nature) in weekly designated zones of the house; defining and minimising housework - which in theory should leave us with more time to do other, more interesting things instead!

At the same time it is intended to reduce that panicky "rabbit in headlights" feeling we get when we are overwhelmed and everything needs doing all at once.

To avoid being inundated with details, we advise not signing up to the Big Tent.

We are in the process of following Flylady's steps and routines using a three-pronged approach (dependent on the stage everyone is at):

- start or repeat baby steps

- repeat baby steps + do 15 mins a day decluttering in the current zone

- reinforce babysteps and do daily missions if you have finished decluttering.
[And if you are really enthusiastic and have finished decluttering - you can go on to detailed deep cleaning in each zone.]

Flylady site is here

Don't worry if you are behind; just jump right back in and it will all come around next month again anyway!

All the links for the babysteps and missions will be posted here every day and we'll all be here to cheer each other on. Thanks to SC, Blue, Silvery and Goth for leading us through since January and for the brilliant OP I've just cut and pasted.

Huge congratulations castle flowers

Those early weeks are so nerve-wracking, particularly when you've had previous m/c. Wishing you an uneventful pregnancy and a beautiful snuggly (and sleepy) newborn baby approximately 9 months from now not broody at all oh no

Now lie on the sofa and eat cake grin

ToffeeWhirl Thu 23-May-13 22:14:48

More congratulations from me, Castle. You have the perfect excuse for posting on the wrong thread - it's those pregnancy hormones grin.

Hope the wedding goes well on Saturday, pushme.

GoingGoingGoth Costa Rica Thu 23-May-13 23:08:08

Congratulations Castle, brilliant news.

I wasn't disciplined with screen time, just stopped posting blush

Actually, I wasn't completely lazy, got my latest contribution to Woolly Hugs completed, and then DDhad a friend over after school, so I took them both to the park for an hour or so, before feeding them.

Back at work tomorrow so DH is main parent over our long weekend <evil laughter>

DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 06:58:43

Will properly post later but just wanted to pass on very un-Mnetty hugs to Castle for such brilliant news! I know it's early days but I have everything crossed for you.

<proffers pillows, thanks, non-alcoholic wine and chocolate>

fireandblood Fri 24-May-13 07:50:02

Congratulations Castle amazing news for you!

Yesterday didnt manage to get any flying done although garden cut and basics, plus lots of washing done. Also had drs with ds.

Need to go to outpatients at sickkids today for blood tests so goodness knows how long we'll be there as no specific appointment, just sent up by dr and told to go between 9 and 1.

Then this afternoon I have surveyor coming and I am so stressed as house is not up to scratch bathrooms need cleaned, living room needs cleaned windows showerroom and kitchen .

The plan was to do it this morning whilst ds was at nursery as he goes in a morning on a friday but obv will be at hospital instead so will be a mad dash when I get back. wish me luck.

Not had a proper read through yet but will check back in later.

Jdub Fri 24-May-13 10:45:53

Wonderful news castle

Need to give the house a big blitz (to keep warm if nothing else - it's May and I am NOT putting the heating back on!!)

Might try and thin out old clothes and make way for some new (in case the sun does ever reappear!)

Have a top day a brilliant wknd and half term xx

DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 11:19:28

FFS. Just spent 2.5 hours working when it should have been only about an hour. Thrown all my plans out.

Will post list later when my mobile site isn't playing up... hmm

Lovely news Castle flowers

Lovely news indeed, Castle smile

I think I'll have to go and join Jdub in flying to keep warm in a minute. It's far too cold to be sat at the computer all day. Brr!

Ta da!
Exercise
Hoovered upstairs
Dusting
Worky admin stuff

To do:
Hoover stairs and downstairs
Sweep and mop hard floors
Hotspots
Get dinner cooking
Blog
Nip to Sainsbugs

superfluouscurves Fri 24-May-13 13:49:19

What fabulous news Castle!!! flowers flowers flowers You take it steady and put your feet up and try not to worry flowers

Good luck at the wedding tomorrow Pushme
- hope you all have a lovely day!! And that you get some good quality shut-eye tonight!

Hope blood tests/surveyor not to stressful Fireandblood

Hope headache better Doris

Glad you are OK Silvery

Huge waves to Toffee Swan Whoknows Bitchy Engels ¨Blue Lplate Goth ¨Jdub Honu Just Ellie Newbie
Silvery and everyone else.

Just cantering through. Have indeed had rather a nice time without dh and dd, in fact, could get used to it!! grin wink

Just preparing for their dual return now in rather slapdash manner ie storming around house with hoover and duster. Have unashamedly bought blush dd's favourite (requested) meal for her return: supermarket cous-cous salad with chicken, followed by apple pie (dh found patisserie that makes best apple pie in the country, possibly the world, in little cobbled back street, (shop has antique brass chandeliers, obviously hasn't had a refit since 1910!!).

After so many public holidays during May, really grateful it isn't a bank holiday here on Monday and that we are getting back to business as usual for a bit!!

Have a great weekend!

superfluouscurves Fri 24-May-13 14:06:36

Sorry, missed Trazzles Feetheart Narky Foundalizt MrsBodger PA and probably loads more! Enjoy your w/e s!

SilveryMoon Fri 24-May-13 17:41:01

Hello all
Just checking in.
I’ve been quite naughty and have spent most of my time hanging out at the bottom of a bottle blush
Been keeping up with routines, but nothing much else.
Any way can I decide June is the new January? Seriously though, will be back on it from Monday. Am also thinking how I can adjust what I do to free up some time if I want to enrol on the degree. Maybe I could actually FLY properly and do the set jobs on set days thing.
Castle Congrats on the pregnancy!!!! I know that feeling of fear well, try to take it easy though.

Feeling really run-down, so pleased I’ve now got a week off work. Much needed.
No plans really, we’ll just see what happens. I am looking after my friend’s ds on Tuesday and Thursday so she can go to work, but that should be ok. Hoping for a quiet-ish one, but need to have lots of fun with the boys.

Evening all,

Flying to keep warm here too, the weather is foul. Wasn't too bad this morning and I got quite a bit of gardening done but it has been raining and windy since about 12. Freezing too. We're away for the week from tomorrow, so might not be doing much posting, not sure what the WiFi / 3G will be like, need to go and get packing now.

SilveryMoon Fri 24-May-13 19:04:59

Have a great time away WhoKnows

CHBitchy Fri 24-May-13 19:25:01

Enjoy your trip away Whoknows

Congratulations Castle

Ds is being very odd atm. He is taking control of his room. So far today he has cleaned the windows and the mirrors. Started to tackle the mess in his room and suggested a solution to the problem that is lego and the lounge.

Have promised to help him for an hour so must head off to do that bbl

fudge74 Fri 24-May-13 21:57:58

hey castle that is great news you must be so happy! it is hard to get yr hopes up at this early stage I know so just do all you can too take care of your self wink wink
now, back on topic - has any one got the fly lady app? thought I might try the two Wk trial for free - is it good?

Castlelough Sat 25-May-13 00:10:44

Oh dear I am going to have to post tomorrow's links in the morning. Sorry, the day and night--got away on me.I promise I haven't posted them on any other thread either --so those hunting in 'active' threads can give up!

Thanks for your lovely kind wishes everyone. Just taking babysteps with it wink

Castlelough Sat 25-May-13 00:11:13

Testing

Castlelough Sat 25-May-13 00:12:11

Oops thought I had lost that message. Phew. Back with personals in the morning xx

Engelsemama Sat 25-May-13 07:16:01

lovely news castle flowers

Have been lurking the last few weeks. Still here (though not much flying going on!)

smile

SilveryMoon Sat 25-May-13 08:07:37

Castle you've been posting links onto the wrong thread?? Ahahahahhaha grin I always miss the real fun stuff! That is just hilarious, what are you like?

Would like to get back on it today, would like to do the bleugh and get on track ready for the week.
List (have only just got up)
Clear breakfast
feed cats
make beds
shower/dress
swish/swipe
wash the hob bits that I left in soak overnight
wash up/wipe counters/get kitchen looking in order-ish
clean litter trays
rubbish out
wipe out fridge
menu plan/write shooping list
wrap present for party ds2 is going to
Take ds2 to party
food shopping
help ds1 to search for the missing ds (nintendo not child)
quickly organise boys bedroom
stray items away and quick surface organise of flat
polish/dust
clean mirrors/pictures/unit/glass shleves
hoover
mop
laundry
sort dry washing
non-iron away
bag and purse
hoover cat beds
ironing
study (aiming for 2 half hour sessions)
cook dinner (what's for dinner?)
clean kitchen
shine sink

Will add anything else I manage to get done later. Will prob take ds1 to the park whilst ds2 is at the party, although ds2 wants me to stay with him and I can't really. Party is at the girls house, and I have ds1.

If I'm going to get that list all marked off I'd better get on.
BBL

CHBitchy Sat 25-May-13 09:48:37

<stumbles into the naughty corner>
<put a mashooosive pot of bitchy's special brew coffee on>
<mutters about stressed children, pain killers and long days>

Today there must be much activity.
clean out car
laundry
sort ds' kit for tomo
lego
not kill ds
not tape ds to a wall as much as he thinks this would be really sick (cool for those nit up to current kid speak)
make sure know where going tomo
make sure ds' bag for his holidays are packed.
get ds' room tidy
glasses

And probably a whole heap of other stuff but really it is not even 10am and there has been hugely animated discussions about appropriate behaviour. Ds has concluded I am mean and horrible and just simply don't understand. I am eating biscuits. hmm

Castlelough Sat 25-May-13 10:07:51

LINKS FOR TODAY SATURDAY 25th MAY

We are still in Zone 4 The Master Bedroom. We are decluttering, or detailed cleaning, in this zone for 15 minutes a day.

Babystep 25 is read Flylady’s personal testimonial about how she started flying and how it took her a lot longer than one month to establish her routines – so new fledglings: don’t be too hard on yourselves!

The Daily Focus for Saturday is to have a Family Fun Day.

It’s the weekend – so there are no missions! grin

The Flight plan for our daily routines, should update automatically.

Finally, the habit for the month of May is to get Moving!

Castlelough Sat 25-May-13 10:13:58

Yes Silvery blush. See what happens when you go away and I have nobody to keep me on my toes! Glad to see you are feeling a bit more positive again! <averts eyes from the very very long list!>

Good luck today CHB! <helps self to a mug of special brew!>

Waves to Engels! smile

CHBitchy Sat 25-May-13 12:03:35

Can I just run away please? pretty please? Leave all the chaos and the loud cross stress shouty one behind?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now