Am I mad to want this?

(9 Posts)
napkin Fri 12-Apr-13 11:04:10

The Whirlpool is a commercial washing machine too, so thinking it may be built to last.

No way, napkin! No wonder you're put off.

I still love mine though.

napkin Thu 11-Apr-13 22:01:42

Can't find any others that don't have built in sensors PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg. I had the same Beko HorryIsUpduffed but ripped all my clothes, even after a new drum was fitted!

MarjorieAntrobus Thu 11-Apr-13 16:20:43

About ten years old, OP.

I have a <£300 7kg Beko that does a 39min quick wash which actually gets all but the worst stains out. It has child locks and extra spin cycles and delay timers and all sorts of other gadgets. I adore it, and recommend it often.

You could have four of those.

<helpful>

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Thu 11-Apr-13 13:03:41

If you're going to spend that much I'm not sure Whirlpool is a good enough brand to warrant it.

Not all machines have sensors though, my basic Zanussi doesn't and does a standard cottons wash in 1h25m which I think might be quite quick compared to some! I mostly use a 55m wash with a 3/4 full drum.

napkin Thu 11-Apr-13 11:25:19

No it is a front loader only 6kg but that is big enough. How old is your machine MarjorieAntrobus?

MarjorieAntrobus Thu 11-Apr-13 01:20:48

Is it an American top-loader? I have one of those. Huge capacity so is useful for duvets and sleeping bags. Also you can keep lobbing things into the wash when you find stray socks on the floor etc.

napkin Thu 11-Apr-13 01:06:22

I have seen a hot and cold fill whirlpool washing machine that has no sensors to measure your washing. It holds 57 litres of water and washes clothes quickly. Cleans your cottons in 40 mins and synthetics in 25! Sounds really good but at a price just under £1400! I hate low water usage machines that puts little water with the sensors in each wash and hate the long wash cycles on modern machines. Also one of the only hot&cold fills available on the market. What do you all think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now