Where has all the Shiny Sinks gone?!?!?

(28 Posts)

Shiny Sinks is a miracle cleaning product!! We have always had it in the house. However, now neither Waitrose nor Tesco stock it any more... doesn't even appear on their websites! I don't have any other supermarkets anywhere near and I am fairly reliant on it for my sinks (not surprisingly!), my pots and pans and for maintaining my Corian work surface.

Does anyone know why the supermarkets have taken it off their shelves? It's on sale on Amazon but at twice its normal price.....

Frikadellen Tue 21-Jan-14 20:05:16

Amazon

Was panicking too as the shop near me who stocked it has stopped.

BigBri Tue 21-Jan-14 13:37:07

It may or may not help, telephoned my local Wilkinson's today 21/01/14 they said they will be stocking Shiny Sinks again in about 3 or 4 days.

Wobmum Sat 04-Jan-14 11:00:03

People seem to be searching all over for Shiny Sinks, like me. I have been looking for Shiny Sinks for some time - both Waitrose and Sainsburys have stopped stocking it (my local supermarkets). Very disappointed cos my friend had only introduced me to it a few months earlier.
Finally, fed up with trying to get a beautiful sink (it's new!) with other products, tried again and found the Homecare Technology website. Bought a pack of 6 for £14.95. Website not the easiest to deal with, but managed it eventually and paid with PayPal.
Hope it arrives soon!

Hi

Just seen this. I know it's an old thread but.... Earniegy total sucker for marketing - I have both Shiny Sinks and Hob Brite. Thought they looked similar but it didn't occur to me that they could be interchanged. Doh!

OnTheNingNangNong Fri 21-Jun-13 13:09:57

My nearest John Lewis had some last week, if anyone is on the lookout

erniegy Fri 21-Jun-13 13:07:08

Get Hob Brite from Sainsburys for £1.50! Does the same job as Shiny Sinks and maybe even better. I certainly think it is.

BeCool Netherlands Wed 17-Apr-13 11:06:32

OK I now have a bottle of Shiny Sinks - what next???

AnonYonimousBird Wed 17-Apr-13 09:59:01

My PIL's actually confessed to me that they buy it when they are on holiday because they have found it hard to get and it's cheap at the little shop near where they go!!!!

Bramshott Wed 17-Apr-13 09:31:55

Ooh, I got some from Ocado yesterday (having failed at Waitrose) but didn't realise there was a shortage! I'll get more next time and sell it on ebay!

AnonYonimousBird Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:45

Oh!! The one we had was a liquid, identical to shiny sinks. Sorry - didn't realise it was powder too!

Alwayscheerful Tue 16-Apr-13 19:47:44

But my bar keepers friend is powder!

AnonYonimousBird Tue 16-Apr-13 09:40:32

Oh, and they are made by the same people. I think they just make it a bit more "up market" calling it BKF and can therefore charge more!

AnonYonimousBird Tue 16-Apr-13 09:16:47

Shiny sinks is the same as BKF, but half the price. We had a bottle of each, compared the creams and what they did and honestly, I could see no difference at all. <saddos>!

I now have a small stash and next time I am near anywhere that sells it, I'm going to load up!

It's a cream. Lovely stuff smile

BeCool Netherlands Mon 15-Apr-13 14:44:22

I've just ordered some from Ocado

Dilidali Mon 15-Apr-13 14:41:01

Thank you for the tip ladies smile.

Alwayscheerful Mon 15-Apr-13 14:34:51

I swear by bar keepers friend. Is this shiny sink powder or liquid, I am getting all excited, how sad.

Phew, shiny sinks located in Wilkos. Feel sorry for anyone who came in looking for it after me....! <hoarding>

AnonYonimousBird Sun 14-Apr-13 13:07:41

Madame - I think they are virtually the same, but I couldn't locate that either in my local shops!!!! Though BKF is much more expensive.

MIL picked me some Shiny Sinks up - several bottles so my supplies are replenished for now!

We can't get it here anymore. My cleaner has started to use bar tenders friend. Says its just as good.

Mirror - thanks so much for the tip. As it happens, we don't have a Wilkos that near us, but just spoke to MIL and they are off somewhere today that DOES have one and she is going to try and pick up some shiny sinks for me, fingers crossed!!!! She also says she knows of one other random shop that sells it - again, not somewhere I go that often, but next time I am passing I will stock up if she cannot get it today.

Phew. was worried there for a while.

MirrorMirror Thu 11-Apr-13 09:23:39

Just looked on Wikinsons website and it is available on there for£1.75. Hopefully they have it in their stores too

Woman at Tesco superstore yesterday didn't know what I was talking about. I wanted to ask at Customer desk but the queue was huge and the children were at the limit of their patience so I had to bail.

It's on Ocado website but I don't use them. Not on Tesco, sainsburys or Waitrose on line grocery stores!!!

Aaagggghhhhh.

I'm really glad you mentioned this because I've been getting crosser with each supermarket visit and no one I ask has ever heard of it hmm

PhylisStein Wed 10-Apr-13 18:26:54

None in Waitrose either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now