How do you store toddler puzzles?

(11 Posts)

Thank you for the replies. I invested in some ziplock bags today so will give that a try, if it doesn't work I'll invest in yet more plastic boxes.

DeathMetalMum Tue 09-Apr-13 20:07:55

We have a drawer for the puzzles as we have quite a few, dd can get them out and put them away by herself. I do have to do an occasional piece check when the drawer gets a bit messy but don't have any lost pieces.

I keep dd's in a plastic storage box - all the pieces in the bottom and the boards on top to make a sort of lid iykwim?

floatyflo Tue 09-Apr-13 14:55:24

Oh be cool that was I about to say, store them in the bin! grin

Bloomin' things. My ds is not that into his so may be donated to charity shop soon.

Friends ds fell over and landed face first on a peg puzzle, had a horrid mark on his face, poor thing.

BeCool Netherlands Tue 09-Apr-13 14:26:26

I 'store' ours in the bin!!

I figure DD can do them at playgroup and has enough puzzles at home that aren't hell to keep/stand on etc.

One great thing about not planning on having more DC is I never have to have those annoying puzzles in the house again smile

FreshWest Tue 09-Apr-13 11:35:54

We use Really Useful Boxes to store puzzles like those and also jigsaws with the picture of the completed puzzle.
Much neater.
We had ours from Homebase but they have a website here

Moomoomie Tue 09-Apr-13 11:15:18

That puzzle rack looks good.
I wonder if you could use a plate rack, possibly cheaper, especially as you won't need it for long.
<remembers the days of lift out puzzles>

Wow, they make special racks, who knew?! Ziplock bags is definitely a possibility. Thank you for the replies.

wendybird77 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:41:13

We have a puzzle rack.

Moomoomie Mon 08-Apr-13 17:44:14

Our toddler group kept them in zip wallets. One puzzle in each wallet.

You know, those ones with pieces with pegs in that lift out of a board.

Ours are in a pile on the shelf, but take up a lot of space and are difficult for dd1 to get out herself as they all tend to fall in a heap when she tries.

Am I missing a trick? What do other people do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now