Where to put all the wet towels?

(10 Posts)
MousyMouse Mon 08-Apr-13 22:09:44

we have one of these free standing towel rails
and one that hangs over the bathroom door.
saves us a lot of washing!

Meglet Mon 08-Apr-13 22:07:54

Tiny house + bathroom here too.

I wash towels after every use, I have a tumble dryer though. Not the best solution but the only one that works for me. <<unhelpful>>

wendybird77 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:02:38

4 hooks on the back of the bathroom door - one for each person. Two are hung low for the kids to reach themselves.

Jan49 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:34:23

I live in a house where there's no airing cupboard and the radiator in the bathroom is next to the toilet. So I bought radiator hangers, one for each family member, and we keep our towels in our bedrooms on these. The ones I have are plastic coated wire frames and I bought mine from Argos. They're great as long as you don't have really tiny radiators. I also keep one towel for everyone for handwashing in the bathroom just hung over the bath edge.

PigletJohn Sun 07-Apr-13 16:10:16

you might consider several long towl rails on the wall(s) over the bath. That will let you spread them out so they will dry faster than if layered.

To avoid mould, run the extractor fan all the time it is damp. A typical bathroom extractor runs for 50 hours on 14p worth of electricity.

If your extractor is worn out and noisy, buy a new one, preferably with a ball-bearing motor.

Trazzletoes Sun 07-Apr-13 16:05:30

We never had space in our bathroom when I was growing up. We used to have our respective towels on a hook on our bedroom door. Had to remember to take it in to the bathroom though!

EarthtoMajorTom Sun 07-Apr-13 16:05:02

Thanks so far - though I should have said that I don't have an airing cupboard :-(

fussychica Sun 07-Apr-13 16:03:27

I put them over plastic hangers in the airing cupboard.

MintyyAeroEgg Sun 07-Apr-13 15:41:03

We have chrome radiator hangers and hang them in front of the radiators in our respective bedrooms. We just keep the hand towel on the towel radiator in the bathroom.

EarthtoMajorTom Sun 07-Apr-13 15:37:47

I moved into a smallish house a couple of years ago. Reasonable size bathroom but with a tiny towel radiator about two foot wide and three foot high. The only other clear wall space is above the bath. There are four of us: me, DH and two DS. Lots of baths / shower taking. So the place (ie my banisters) is always covered in damp bath towels. What do other people do?! Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now