Those really expensive irons

(4 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Mon 08-Apr-13 17:16:06

I got a Philips steam generator (checked Which? at the time for reviews) about a year ago and it is awesome. Ironing is much quicker and easier now. Can be a bit nosy sometimes, but I just up the volume on the TV and crack on.

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 08-Apr-13 09:24:02

Problem, would you buy your Russell Hobbs slipstream again? There seems to be such an enormous choice over such a big price range.

Problemwithneighbour Sat 06-Apr-13 10:50:26

Hi. Like you I had to get a new iron every 9 -12 months and was sick of it. I got a Russell Hobbs slipstream 18 months ago and it has been fab. I hate ironing but this one works really well and is much quicker.

We live in a hard water area too and I am now using the water from the condenser dryer to put in the iron (a tip from MN) and we've had no problems.

HappyAsEyeAm Sat 06-Apr-13 10:17:08

I seem to replace my iron every year. Ok, its only ever a £30 iron from bhs or whatever, but it gets about two and a half hours use every week, and always fails within a year. And we live in a very hard water area.

I am thinking of replacing it next time with a super duper steam generator one. Any recommendations please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now