Moving House

(4 Posts)
SerotoninCanEatTomorrow Mon 18-Mar-13 07:58:23

That's a really good idea about the colours on the boxes! luckily we will be moving to mums about 2 weeks before we need to leave this house so got plenty of time to get everything together. I am seriously considering paying out for a removals company to come and take everything rather than have the hassle of packing, getting a van and then lugging boxes and furniture around!

Potterer Sun 17-Mar-13 17:25:23

We had to put all our stuff into storage when we couldn't get our completion dates to match and lived in a hotel room for 3 weeks; all 4 of us, me, DH, DSs aged 6 and 3.

Remember to keep paperwork that you may need to access, ie is your car due a service etc we had minimal clothes as I was using friend's washing machines bless them all. We kept toys and shoes you may need like wellies etc

It is hard but just pack like you are going on holiday.

Start packing now, you will thank me later, start with kitchen stuff or cupboards that you won't be dipping into over the next few weeks. We labelled and 4 sides of the packing boxes, plus the top.

I am very anal organised to each room had a specific colour, so I taped a square of it to each side of the box.

BLOO3Z Sun 17-Mar-13 10:43:19

Only take what you will need, best of luck that not going to be easy living in dining room, not easy when you have not got your own space, I know I have done it.

SerotoninCanEatTomorrow Sun 17-Mar-13 10:34:19

Good Morning!

Have just about 4 weeks until we move. What tips do people have for us so we don't get in a panic on checkout day? (Rented accommodation)

We are moving to my mum for a few months so need to bring bare minimum of stuff for me, DP and DS (2.10) as there are already 2 couples living in the 2 bed and a box room that we are going to.

DS has the box room as his bedroom and we are going to be living in the dining room with very little storage!

Need to get the house cleared down ready to be stored.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now