Baby's room smells like a nappy bin. Help!

(9 Posts)
PaulaJason Tue 19-Mar-13 23:08:23

Hi , I had same smells with my daughter room .Was coming from nowhere and we decide to call carpet cleaning company.They came and cleaned our carpet ,after that we have been said it`s good to clean the mattress as well and they have done it and guess what ,that awful smell has gone.These nice people really help me with this big problem. flowers

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 17-Mar-13 19:57:24

Definitely not his bed. God, I hope it's not a dead mouse. DD is convinced it smells of pineapple (but she is only 3 so I'm not sure I trust her).

buildingmycorestrength Sun 17-Mar-13 19:50:29

Glaika, that was my first thought! I was retching at the smell of nappy bags or wipes after a few months.

Or maybe you have a dead mouse under the floorboards like we did...sad

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 18:04:40

Leaked not naked! Although if he is running around naked, that might be your issue!!

I associate the smell of wipes now with stinky nappies. If someone as work opens a packet I thinks it's a dirty nappy. Can you get someone else round to take a sniff see what they think?

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 18:01:27

Has his nappy naked through the night before and seeped into his mattress?? DSs room can stink for ages after a particularly violent nappy.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 17-Mar-13 17:58:52

Any more ideas? I cleaned it top to bottom this morning. There was no obvious source of the smell. Window has been open all day. We've just got home and it still smells. Maybe not so bad.

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 17-Mar-13 10:12:47

Yes as it's a bit prone to damp.

PseudoBadger Sun 17-Mar-13 10:01:12

Do you open the windows every day?

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 17-Mar-13 09:51:52

It's a very small room and I change him in there. There aren't any dirty nappies lying around (fortunately!). They get bagged and taken out after each change. I've looked for a source of the stink but can't find one.

What can I do to make it smell fresh and lovely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now