Spring cleaning, list making, or just plain procrastinating? Join us here!

(610 Posts)
JKSLtd Sat 16-Mar-13 13:49:04

Welcome one and all, especially if you love writing a great list, then sitting back and MNing crossing everything off.

And extra welcomes to those of us who write something we've already done on the list just for the satisfaction of getting to cross it off grin

JKSLtd Tue 19-Mar-13 15:18:16

Take it easy Twinkles, you haven't got that long left have you? Some 'feet up' time is recommended grin

Tues:
- morning routine DONE
- strip beds & bathmats DONE
- Sing & Sign with DD DONE
- lunch & DD's nap DONE (Doing)
- 'productivity time': err....
- print out & read Gov paperwork DONE
- reduce Inbox Down from 40-ish to 27
- sch runs
- DC tea, bath & bed
- my tea & orchestra

Ongoing:
- family tree (scanning in old certs & photos & email contacts)
- buy picture frames to hang on the wall & hang up as many photos as poss; get sizes into phone for TKMaxx
- sort wills; just try and get something written down as a minimum
- sort out my desk
- kids photos albums; upload onto Snapfish; order printouts; put in albums. Step 1; sort all photos on iPhoto
- eBay stuff; 14 listed; 6 bid on, yey!
- cash in Tesco vouchers (what for - towards a day out, just which one?)
- Apple shop trip for poorly laptop

JKSLtd Wed 20-Mar-13 11:03:34

To do
Eye test ( waiting)
Town wandering on my own grin
Lunch
Orch
Swimming ds1
Tea bath bed usual

SlatternismyMiddlename Wed 20-Mar-13 11:34:39

JKS - it's a difficult one that is purely a matter of personal opinion. Some people like the idea of the people who are physically looking after the DC's to be in control of the funds as they will have to buy uniforms, pay for school trips etc. some people don't like the idea of the people who have the DCs being in charge of the funds in case they are frittered away. It really is matter of what feels right for you and your family set up. I wouldn't worry so much about family members moving away some time in the future as don't forget that you can always change your will again if the family circumstances change. As long as you are mentally capable (and willing to pay the solicitor's fees) you can amend your will as many times as you like.

I have serious cant be arsed itis today. Anybody have any suggestions for a cure?

lauratheexplorer Wed 20-Mar-13 11:45:56

I told myself that I wouldn't start spring cleaning until it was actually spring. It's now spring.

I have guests staying for Easter weekend so the house must be sorted for then. I have the entirety of upstairs to do, a little bit downstairs and generally a big freshen up to get rid of the general stale smell of dog and people accumulated through the winter.

I'm starting small and doing bits every day until it's all sorted. It's not a mammoth task but one I can't take on alone.

SlatternismyMiddlename Wed 20-Mar-13 12:11:18

Good luck Laura!

Minimammoth Wed 20-Mar-13 12:18:18

My amazing cleaner helper has done wonders, in 2hrs she, did conservatory windows' ledges and floor, kitchen same plus empty clean and re stack a drawer full of baking tins. Hoovered, dusted polished in living room. What a woman.
I am still catching up on office. Getting ready to see family at weekend and pick up my mini.
DH is doing Shrek, mega stressed, re his body and work. So good opportunity to run away.

JKSLtd Wed 20-Mar-13 19:38:26

Laura - hello, how has today gone?

Slattern - thanks for all your help. I'll chat to DH over the weekend probably and see if we can get something written down, informally at least. Think PIL & my UK brother are the best option for now, both as Guardians & trustees. that covers both families, all UK based (atm) and not too many, i hope.

Mini - i could do with her visiting! Our Nanny does half a day cleaning officially and she does a good job, but we're always in her way/DC messing up as she goes. Hoping, come Sept when DD is at pre-sch things can actually get done.

Meanwhile DD emptied my Family Tree info cards out and the paper from the printer & stuff from my desk. <bangs head on wall>

To do
Eye test DONE (no glasses needed yey!)
Town wandering on my own DONE
Lunch DONE
Orch DONE
Swimming ds1 DONE
Tea bath bed usual DONE

Thurs:
morning routine (DH off early)
back to pool to see if we can find DS1's reading book left there today, oops
Jo Jingles with DD
lunch & tidy kitchen
DD's nap
poss visit to food bank as BF helper
sch runs, DC tea & bed
dinner & bed

Ongoing:
- family tree (scanning in old certs & photos & email contacts); tidy up DD's mess
- buy picture frames to hang on the wall & hang up as many photos as poss; get sizes into phone for TKMaxx
- sort out my desk
- kids photos albums; upload onto Snapfish; order printouts; put in albums. Step 1; sort all photos on iPhoto
- eBay stuff; 14 listed; 7 bid on, yey!

Minimammoth Thu 21-Mar-13 09:52:13

Ooo rush panic, waiting for delivery, can't rearrange delivery, cat limping, got arrange vet appointment, DH grumpy, got to work today , in out like yo yo. Just posting to moangrin . Must fly.

JKSLtd Thu 21-Mar-13 13:21:47

Hi Mini smile

DD apparently not napping today..she did yesterday, didn't on Tues. Maybe she's growing out of it? eek.

Thurs:
morning routine (DH off early) DONE
back to pool to see if we can find DS1's reading book DONE
Jo Jingles with DD DONE
food shopping DONE
lunch & tidy kitchen DONE
DD's nap Doing-ish
something productive?
poss visit to food bank as BF helper
sch runs, DC tea & bed
dinner & bed

Ongoing:
- family tree (scanning in old certs & photos & email contacts); tidy up DD's mess
- sort out my desk; esp the mess DD made!
- eBay stuff; 14 listed; 7 bid on, yey!

Minimammoth Thu 21-Mar-13 20:09:12

Delivery delivered, cat had painkilling anti inflammatory. DH could do with same sad
Napping time is precious time JKS. Sad to lose it.
Meeting most of tomorrow
Do class fliers
Going north sat. Hope there will not be snow.
Do a bit more computer file weeding

Minimammoth Fri 22-Mar-13 07:41:59

Snowy here. I am thinking I may cry off meeting, and stay put. North journey looking iffey too. Bloomin' weather.

Minimammoth Fri 22-Mar-13 07:44:41

Want list:
Sunshine
Spring
Flowers
To be a size 10
DH out of pain
Cat out of pain
No lines on top lip < shallow>

FreakoidOrganisoid Fri 22-Mar-13 08:33:42

Good list mini. Sorry for dh and cat though sad

I have day off today as is now Easter hols here. My list:
Up dressed breakfast etc
Recycling out
Washing up
Dry 1st load washing and put away
Wash dry and put away second load
Consider washing sofa covers
Town for ds haircut, glasses fixed, quick look for dress and christening present.
Back by 12 as friends dd coming for afternoon
Lunch
Finish packing
Hoover
Strip beds?

twinklesparkles Fri 22-Mar-13 10:48:05

38 weeks tommorow smile come on baby!

Mini hope your dh and cat are ok.

Today:
Done dishes, cutlery and cups/glasses (dh will do the saucepans)
On 2nd load of tumble drying and 2nd of washing

I've just put all the babys bedding into the wash, can't believe I hadn't done it yet. She could arrive anytime hmm

Dh has taken rubbish out and ds to school, he's also been painting all week, my livingroom is finished now, looks lovely smile smile

XxX

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 22-Mar-13 11:05:17

Hi everyone!

I've just got back into doing lists at home so I thought I would come and join you. I've been really ill for the last 6 weeks, some horrid viral thing which has laid me low. I think it is on the way out now <crosses fingers>

JKS just reading about your will dilemmas. We decided to appoint my Mum and my brother as trustees, and my brother as legal guardian. The actuality is that if anything was to happen to DH and I in the next few years, the boys would live with my parents initially and then with my brother and his wife later on.
We did think about including DH's family, but none of them have the space or the resources to look after the boys well. SIL is lovely, but disabled and her DH has mental health problems - they have children of their own too, so frankly enough on their plates!
In a few years we will adjust the will and just have my brother, and probably my other brother and one of my cousins as trustees.

TO DO
Strip the beds
3 loads of washing
School pick up
Ring optician about DS1's glasses
Online banking

ONGOING
Card for Mum
Card for DS2
Sort food and drink for DS2's party
Easter eggs
Buy thank you cards, party plates - what else?
Return Easter disco form to school

Minimammoth Fri 22-Mar-13 16:35:31

Hiya Ali. Cat still limping. She may have to have cage rest, and a course of anti inflammatories. She isn't going to like it. Am supposed to be traveling north tomorrow on train, weather looking horrid though. So may have to change plans.

Minimammoth Fri 22-Mar-13 17:05:38

SorryAli so selfish of me. Are you feeling better now? Viruses seem to have been lingering a long time.
It's now snowing here. Arghh

twinklesparkles Fri 22-Mar-13 18:51:01

I've just realised you all have lists ... I don't have a list runs away at the thought of writing a list

JKSLtd Fri 22-Mar-13 19:55:10

Hello all, who's got snow? We're due some tomorrow. No plans so that's ok, for now.
Trying to sort out travel over the holidays though and everything has to be cancellable if this weather continues...

Busy day out and about so nothing really done around the house.
Will pay for that tomorrow.
For now it's wine, fire & OBEM smile

Weekend:
DS2 Footie
lots of laundry
playing in snow?
more work on Lego party for DS1
package up sold eBay items & get to PO if poss
Other stuff?

Ongoing:
- family tree (scanning in old certs & photos & email contacts);
- sort out my desk;
- eBay stuff; 14 listed; 3 sold, 4 more bid on

Minimammoth Sat 23-Mar-13 08:53:38

We've got 6ins snow and still coming down. Not going north. Humph. Still, lots to catch up on on telly
Get logs in
Sort kitchen
Move towards office in protective clothing, in case there are alien life forms developing.
Feed birds
Keep an eye on cat. Still limping.
Plan an arctic expedition towards freezer< in shed>

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 23-Mar-13 09:24:11

Hi mini smile I'm better than I was but still full of cold. Not pleased.
Hope cat and DH are better soon.

We've got snow here this morning as well, it's really coming down. Did well with my list yesterday, need to persevere today.

TO DO
DH to GP and then to pick up my summer wheels - gone
More laundry
Cook casserole for dinner
Pick up DS1's glasses
Keep the boys amused - maybe play in the snow if it stops coming down so hard?
Go to butchers to get meat so that I can do the cooking for DS2's party in advance.
Get the DS's to try their new clothes on and send back anything that is too small.
DS1's homework

SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 23-Mar-13 10:51:28

Morning all. Hardly any snow here but very cold. Absolutely no incentive to do anything but lie on (brand new) sofa and watch tv whilst having a sneaky snooze, DCs permitting.

If put my backside into gear will post list later wouldn't bet on it.

My cats wave a sympathetic paw at Mini's cat.

Are we on official baby watch countdown for Twinkle.? Good luck.

Hope everyone who was feeling poorly is feeling better.

FreakoidOrganisoid Sat 23-Mar-13 10:57:49

Today
Escape the freezing rain
Get on plane
Go on holiday
grin

SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 23-Mar-13 11:00:19

Oh that was a sneaky one Freakoid! Hope diet went well. Have a fab holiday. Drink lots of wine and relax.

Minimammoth Sat 23-Mar-13 11:04:13

envy I am sure I speak for the whole thread there freaki
DH has gone to move furniture round in our friends house so that it will be easy and warm when he gets home ( the one who has had pneumonia)
So I can't imagine that will help his wrist arm shoulder issue. Sigh.
Shed expedition done
Feed birdsdone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now