tallest fridge freezer on the market?

(4 Posts)
Knusperspatz Thu 14-Mar-13 16:03:26

I have no place for a nice American style fridge freezer in my kitchen so I'm trying to find one that uses the availabe space efficiently. So far we've seen ones from Hoover and Beko - each 210cm tall. Do you wise mumsnetters happen to know about even taller ones?

PigletJohn Thu 14-Mar-13 23:02:49

how tall are you?

Knusperspatz Fri 15-Mar-13 00:20:47

Good question Piglet smile It didn't occur to me that they probably don't make them taller because people will have to be able to actually reach for things...
Hmm, if I could design my own fridge freezer I would make one where there's a fridge in the bottom part and a freezer in the upper part and the whole thing would touch the ceiling. We need a large freezer but we don't open it everyday so I wouldn't mind using a ladder every now and then...
I am 173cm tall by the way wink

PigletJohn Fri 15-Mar-13 08:42:43

Bosch are a good brand. But put aside the apparent size and look at Which reviews (free in your local library) and look at their measurements of usable volume.

Whatever the brand, frost-free freezers are very much less reliable than manual-defrost (which are an extremely simple mechanism). They also have less usable space due to the ducts, fans and heaters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now