does anyone have vinyl flooring in a bedroom?

(9 Posts)
Wingedharpy Fri 15-Mar-13 17:48:07

Thank you

PigletJohn Fri 15-Mar-13 16:03:03

there is one marketed for bathrooms, it is mould resistant.

Wingedharpy Fri 15-Mar-13 15:33:21

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Eve, but, can I ask PigletJohn, what sort of silicone sealant would you use around the edges - anything special or just bog standard silicone sealant?
I want to do this in my bathroom to give a nicely finished effect.

wonkylegs Fri 15-Mar-13 08:09:48

I've put in Marmolium which is a kind of Lino in a bedroom floor of a kid with allergies for a client. It's nicer than vinyl which is a plastic as it's made from natural materials.

MothershipG Fri 15-Mar-13 08:07:07

It's not cheap but it is lovely! smile Obviously if you google other suppliers offer various types.

Frogman Fri 15-Mar-13 01:58:30

Oh I like the look of the cork mothership.

PigletJohn Thu 14-Mar-13 15:12:52

OK but very important to have a perfectly smooth flat floor under it. Lining with 4mm ply is I think best.

It will sooner or later get scratched or scuffed, but is not difficultt o replace. Don't give the edges their final trim until it has been down for at least a week to settle. If you can, tuck the edges under the skirting. If you squeeze white silicone sealant into the gap between skirting and flooring it will give a neat clean edge. You won't need to glue it down. Heavy furniture, especially beds, will dent it and must not be dragged.

MothershipG Thu 14-Mar-13 14:29:50

I have good quality Wicanders cork in my bedrooms, it's nothing like the thin, nasty stick down stuff and comes in a wide range of colours and styles. Personally I think it's the perfect hard flooring for bedrooms and don't know why more people don't have it. smile

Eve Thu 14-Mar-13 14:23:15

have a child with allergy and deciding on laminate v's vinyl.

How does vinyl in bedroom look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now