does anyone have vinyl flooring in a bedroom?

(9 Posts)
Eve Thu 14-Mar-13 14:23:15

have a child with allergy and deciding on laminate v's vinyl.

How does vinyl in bedroom look?

MothershipG Thu 14-Mar-13 14:29:50

I have good quality Wicanders cork in my bedrooms, it's nothing like the thin, nasty stick down stuff and comes in a wide range of colours and styles. Personally I think it's the perfect hard flooring for bedrooms and don't know why more people don't have it. smile

PigletJohn Thu 14-Mar-13 15:12:52

OK but very important to have a perfectly smooth flat floor under it. Lining with 4mm ply is I think best.

It will sooner or later get scratched or scuffed, but is not difficultt o replace. Don't give the edges their final trim until it has been down for at least a week to settle. If you can, tuck the edges under the skirting. If you squeeze white silicone sealant into the gap between skirting and flooring it will give a neat clean edge. You won't need to glue it down. Heavy furniture, especially beds, will dent it and must not be dragged.

Frogman Fri 15-Mar-13 01:58:30

Oh I like the look of the cork mothership.

MothershipG Fri 15-Mar-13 08:07:07

It's not cheap but it is lovely! smile Obviously if you google other suppliers offer various types.

wonkylegs Fri 15-Mar-13 08:09:48

I've put in Marmolium which is a kind of Lino in a bedroom floor of a kid with allergies for a client. It's nicer than vinyl which is a plastic as it's made from natural materials.

Wingedharpy Fri 15-Mar-13 15:33:21

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Eve, but, can I ask PigletJohn, what sort of silicone sealant would you use around the edges - anything special or just bog standard silicone sealant?
I want to do this in my bathroom to give a nicely finished effect.

PigletJohn Fri 15-Mar-13 16:03:03

there is one marketed for bathrooms, it is mould resistant.

Wingedharpy Fri 15-Mar-13 17:48:07

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now