Sheets!

(5 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Mar-13 21:14:43

My white company (shite company) bottom sheets lasted nearly 3 years.

That's £70 I'm not seeing again. Fuckers.

I have Christy 300tc ones from tk Maxx now, only £13 each.

Frogman Fri 15-Mar-13 02:11:30

Although it shouldn't happen (sheets should last years I think) I couldn't bring myself to complain after 2 years.

I think M & S standards are much lower than they used to be. I recently bought their Supima sheets and the stiching is coming out of them already! I also think one of the sheets (the base one) is not Supima as it feels completely different to the other sheet and pillowcases. (I'm taking them back to M & S when I get the chance but I don't live near one)

Think I'll use John Lewis for sheets next time I need some.

Nellymay Thu 14-Mar-13 13:09:44

Now i've put my thinking cap on, its more like two years - how time flies smile

MrsMushroom Thu 14-Mar-13 12:21:18

It's four years old! It's cotton...it's not that hardwearing. If you want long lasting then linen is better.

Nellymay Wed 13-Mar-13 19:57:32

I noticed one of our 4 year old M & S base sheets had a big threadbare patch this morning. We change the bed about fortnightly and rotate the sheets around so that each one won't go on again for a couple of months so its not as if it has got a lot of wear and it is a more top of M nS range sheet! What would you do, do you think its worth complaining to m n s or just put it down to experience

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now