Toasters ..... Talk to me

(10 Posts)
TheRealFellatio Thu 14-Mar-13 05:04:28

Oh FFS this bloody autocorrect always thinks it knows better than I do. hmm

I'll say that again.

It does not so much toast the bread AS warm it up very, very slowly until it's rock hard and beige.

TheRealFellatio Thu 14-Mar-13 05:02:40

I can tell you which one NOT to buy, if that helps. I bought a toaster for my flat in the UK last year and it's crap. Fifty quid, it cost me as well. It doesn't so much toast the bread and warm it up very, very slowly until it's rock hard and slightly beige.

this one

PolterGoose Wed 13-Mar-13 17:04:28

After getting well and truly pissed off with toasters breaking (had 3 Which best buys in a row) I got my Dualit, which will last forever grin

Magimedi Wed 13-Mar-13 15:46:26

I entirely agree with you WowOoo but it's a real sticking point with me to pay that much for a toaster that I use once a day, if that!

(And I've just had a quick google & the 4 slot ones are over £100!!)

WowOoo Wed 13-Mar-13 13:33:40

Magimedi:
So if a Dualit costs £80 (and a replacement is £10 or under) ours has already more than paid for itself and is still in perfect nick.

Seems a bit wasteful to me to keep replacing.

But then again it was a gift and I didn't shell out for it myself smile

Pagwatch Wed 13-Mar-13 10:35:30

They won't you know. Toasters don't talk.

Unless it's like 'I see dead people'

Magimedi Wed 13-Mar-13 10:34:50

Dualit - not dialit!

Magimedi Wed 13-Mar-13 10:34:15

I've never had a good toaster & I refuse to pay for a dialit - think it's about £80. Therefore I buy a supermarket own brand one for about £5 - 10 & tend to replace every 4 years or so.

WowOoo Wed 13-Mar-13 10:32:05

You put your toaster away?
We use ours a lot and keep it out. We have a Dualit that we had for a wedding present, but has lasted me for years and years. Toast, pitta bread etc always come out perfectly.

And I can polish it to a lovely shine!

BeaLola Wed 13-Mar-13 10:20:18

Have very old 2 slicer which hides away in a drawer.

Now there are 3 of us thinking of maybe swiching to a 4 slicer .... any recommendations ? It won'tnecessarily stay out oin display (deending on size)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now