good god baby has gone mad with a marker

(9 Posts)
preggersbycheggers Sun 17-Mar-13 07:08:07

Hairspray. Although never used it on fabric but it does work on everything else.

GoddessofSuburbia Wed 13-Mar-13 16:18:58

Alcohol gel (the colourless ones if your covers are white) liberally applied to the marker, followed by gentle rubbing with strong kitchen roll might do it. I used to use alcohol to get sharpie marker off desks when I was a teacher, and this method works in shirts etc.

napkin Wed 13-Mar-13 16:15:41

Try some washing up liquid and a hot cloth, works for most stains on my sofa or washing powder diluted in a tub.

MrsBucketxx Wed 13-Mar-13 07:35:52

thanks for that looks like wd40 might work eeekkk.

MrsBucketxx Wed 13-Mar-13 07:06:40

covers dont wash and its a permenant sharpie marker, checked doctor beckman and he only covers ball point pen ink not permanent.

Bonsoir Wed 13-Mar-13 06:42:04

I think the first thing is to identify the pens and talk to the manufacturer of both the pens and the sofa! Do the covers wash?

Dr Beckmann has some excellent stain removal products.

SavoyCabbage Wed 13-Mar-13 06:40:07

A permanent marker?

Remember on 'Friends' when Ross and Rachel drew on each others faces? They called the company that made the pens. That was the 90's though so you could look on their website.

MrsBucketxx Wed 13-Mar-13 06:33:44

my dd has drawn all over my sofa and recliner, they are both fabric,

does anyone know how to remove it,

I have called insurance and sending someone today, but it I can remove it and not claim id rather do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now