Which colour Le Creuset

(31 Posts)
chezchaos Tue 05-Mar-13 13:46:38

I've decided to splash out and want to ensure they will last for a long time ... My current kitchen is white, gray and light blue, which is a colourscheme I love. I'm into country/vintage colourschemes so the future I might try cream and sage. Black or slate seem obvious choices but it seems a bit wasteful to go for an ordinary colour when coastal blue and almond are so nice (though I will be limited to what I can find in sale).

Which colour would/did you go for?

MrsDoomsPatterson Tue 05-Mar-13 16:51:37

25% off at JL presently. Gulp!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 05-Mar-13 16:53:05

Slate or the Cassis.
The Volcanic is horrible.

You can normally find some pieces in TKMaxx, although at ours it tends to be Volcanic or the red stuff.

<most middle class discussion of the day>

My friend got me the cassis teapot from TK Maxx recently as a housewarming gift.
It's beautiful.

Jazzandh Some of mine is out as it's in permanent use, the salt pig, heat mats, sugar bowl, utensil jar.
Some I will put on shelves when my kitchen is redone, the mini casseroles, bean pots and pestle and mortar, teapot, milk jug, egg cups, mugs.
The boring looking (but still lovely) baking dishes will probably stay in the cupboard

chezchaos Tue 05-Mar-13 19:27:13

Thanks all, very much tending towards almond on reflection as I have a cream KitchenAid and I'm now thinking that a core set of neutrals would be pretty stunning. We have a kitchen diner but are aspiring to a dining room we would use them in in the longer term. I'd also really love some of the almond mugs and smaller cappuccino cups. I do love slate and black but at a glance they could almost be ordinary pans and I want them to look really special given the price.

GrandPoohBah Tue 05-Mar-13 20:15:33

Tk maxx definitely almost always has almond le creuset in - check there first because it'll still be cheaper than JL with 25% off!

chezchaos Thu 07-Mar-13 20:21:23

I couldn't find any almond in my local TK Maxx unfortunately so ordered a set of three for £180! They're here and I'm very happy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now