Which colour Le Creuset

(31 Posts)
chezchaos Tue 05-Mar-13 13:46:38

I've decided to splash out and want to ensure they will last for a long time ... My current kitchen is white, gray and light blue, which is a colourscheme I love. I'm into country/vintage colourschemes so the future I might try cream and sage. Black or slate seem obvious choices but it seems a bit wasteful to go for an ordinary colour when coastal blue and almond are so nice (though I will be limited to what I can find in sale).

Which colour would/did you go for?

MortifiedAdams Tue 05-Mar-13 13:51:17

Orange or turquoise because I luffs them.

daisydoodoo Tue 05-Mar-13 13:55:41

ive got some vintage volcanic orange, it as my nans and i inherited it. The pieces i have brought myself have all been almond (the cream) as that was the colour that i liked and saw having longevity and not dating.

DoNotDisturb Tue 05-Mar-13 13:56:53

I have the black. It's lush!

PrincessOfChina Tue 05-Mar-13 13:56:59

Any Le Creuset that is not Orange does not exist.

chezchaos Tue 05-Mar-13 14:13:51

I do get the appeal of Volcanic but it would clash horribly with my kitchen and is tres 70s

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 05-Mar-13 14:25:47

Everything dates in the end. Just go with what you really like. I tend to like plain things, so all of our everyday china and serving bowls etc are plain white, with a bit of slate/charcoal. I think the slate would date less, but it will still date.

PigletJohn Tue 05-Mar-13 15:11:50

I'm fed up with the orange. I like black.

pegster Tue 05-Mar-13 15:17:10

I have almond, looks great, often get reduced pieces in outlet villages in this colour

Musomathsci Tue 05-Mar-13 15:19:53

Go for something neutral - you can always add other colours later if you have a particular colour scheme. Agree that the coastal blue is gorgeous - but perhaps less appealing with food it?

MrsHoarder Tue 05-Mar-13 15:27:11

We have the blue, its gorgeous. It might date, but so will we. Its rather lovely to have something that was trendy when we were young.

MumOfTheMoos Tue 05-Mar-13 15:41:44

I have a few things in the colbalt blue colour (and weirdly when DH moved in with me he brought a same coured saucepan which can only have been bought by his ex-P) but a couple of years ago I bought a gorgeous shallow casserole dish in cassis - I love the pale blue as well but I think I will be sticking to cassis from now on.

Mine is all different colours, cassis and kiwi are my favourites though.
My kitchen is getting refitted, and I want it as light and neutral as possible (HA so I don't get free reign to choose) with colour added with accessories.
I have a purple cooker too and lime green washing up bowl!

hippoCritt Tue 05-Mar-13 15:55:46

If you go for a current colour it's hard to get replacements with their guarantee, I started off coordinated and have ended up with a rainbow after which I gave up and just buy what I like. There is a lovely reflective black, I only have one of those courtesy of TKmaxx.

John Lewis have a new range of lime green too.

SpringHare Tue 05-Mar-13 15:59:29

I love the volcanic. In my head it would look brilliant popping out against your kitchen colours, but I can see that it might not be for everyone!

fussychica Tue 05-Mar-13 16:25:16

Can't believe I gave away my orange stuff when I moved abroad - I want it back!

CrazyOldCatLady Tue 05-Mar-13 16:29:29

Our kitchen is cream and sage and we've red accessories, one of which is a Le Creuset casserole. We've a metallic red kettle, toaster and Kmix as well (the Kmix should have been a candy apple red kitchen aid but I couldn't justify the extra expense).

I think red works as an accent colour with a number of neutral colour scheme, sage-and-cream and blue-grey-and-white included.

I detest volcanic.

stealthsquiggle Tue 05-Mar-13 16:38:18

Ours is almost all orange, but it lives in drawer so is hardly a visible "accessory"

MrsDoomsPatterson Tue 05-Mar-13 16:44:06

I loathe Volcanic, I have Pacicifc blue mugs but really, really adore the Nutmeg colour now, it's to die for.

EnjoyResponsibly Tue 05-Mar-13 16:44:36

Whatever you do go for avoid saucepans with wooden handles as you can't dishwasher them.

stargirl1701 Tue 05-Mar-13 16:45:10

I went with purple. Love it.

OlyRoller Tue 05-Mar-13 16:46:26

I'm for almond or black in your kitchen. Mine are mostly almond, but I have a couple volcanic too, they are a bit bright for me. The big one that lives on the hob is almond.

Have you looked at Staub as well? They're beautiful!

jazzandh Tue 05-Mar-13 16:49:09

Will you be using it in another room as well? I have a mix of colours, but if I have guests over then I like the almond as it works in the dining room.....

Does it need to be out on the kitchen worktop or when not in use is it in a cupboard?

My milk jug is nutmeg, it's the only thing I've seen in that colour.
I have 8 mugs all indifferent colours.
I can't get enough of Le Creuset, though I don't have any of the pans/casseroles. Too heavy for me to lift unfortunately.

weegiemum Tue 05-Mar-13 16:50:19

We have red (volcanic red?) which we got as a wedding present 18+ years ago. 2 casseroles, 3 smaller saucepans with wooden handles.

They've all been washed in the dishwasher for 16 years, all are totally fine.

I'd I moved to the other side of tne world I'd make room for my pans. 2 of them (one with curry, one with rice) are cooking right now. I LUUURVE them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now