Zoflora - what can I do with it?

(44 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Fri 01-Mar-13 11:36:32

I've seen Zoflora mentioned on here a lot but never really known what it is so, today, when I saw it on the shelf in the supermarket I bought some on a whim (Fresh Linen fragrance I think it is?).

Whats the best way of using it?

Seabright Sun 03-Mar-13 09:15:30

Their website is very good. Has a section on pets, apparently OK so long as they don't lick it or walk on wet Zoflora'd areas

reliablemillipede Sun 03-Mar-13 20:14:09

Put undiluted on a damp cloth and wipe over kitchen tops, will eliminate even the smelliest of curry smells and leave the kitchen really fresh,have also put a capful in the sink with a drop of boiling water from the kettle, also acts as a great cooking smell cover-upper.

NaturalBaby Sun 03-Mar-13 21:37:37

No good for my cats who follow me as I mop!
Our house smelt of dettol when we moved in, after potty training 2 boys I think my toilets need a good dose.

Melfish Mon 04-Mar-13 18:34:34

I hate the smell of bleach so I use Zoflora for those sort of jobs (except cleaning the loo). I like the springtime fragrance. One thing I remember is that you shouldn't mix it with Stardrops, not sure why.
For those of you advocating putting it in the hoover, where should I put the j-cloth soaked in it? I have a henry, should I put it in the vacuum bag?

higgle Tue 05-Mar-13 15:59:01

In the mop bucket for final rise over when dog has had unexpected diarrhoea and the place stinks to high heaven. Warm Cinnamon is best as it replicates a more healthy kitchen odour.

Mynewmoniker Tue 05-Mar-13 17:12:24

I put it inside the vacuum bag Melfish.

CaptainMartinCrieff Wed 06-Mar-13 08:34:38

I just cleaned my floor with it because of this thread. At 8am on my day off. What am I thinking?

NorbertDentressangle Wed 06-Mar-13 17:33:30

Blimey Captain. I wish it had that sort of effect on me! My house could do with a good mop.

I bought a small plant spray bottle for 80p from Wilkinsons and put a small amount of water in it with a few drops of Zoflora. Great for using on the table (oil cloth type cover) after we've eaten and all sorts of other quick clean-up jobs.

nothruroad Wed 06-Mar-13 18:24:07

I used the warm cinnamon one to wash floors and wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces at Christmas time - made my whole house smell very festive.

GetOrf Wed 06-Mar-13 18:33:34

Ooh at warm cinammon.

Yes my gran's vim container was all rust speckled. I wonder if they still make vim - god that cleaned the bath well. Probably caustic soda grin

I had no idea it was harmful for cats, mop the bathroom with it and my 4 cats also follow the mop - I do dilute it a lot for mopping though.

The lavender one is a bit bloody strong. But the others are good.

Re festive smells my mil had clove oil in a burner the otjher day - her house smelled wonderfully christmassy.

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 14-Mar-13 21:09:39

This thread inspired me. I have wanted to do something to leave a "signature scent" in the homes I clean but I didn't want to just spray crap around. Another cleaner told me that he uses Zoflora on the door frames (? Yeah, weird,I know) to leave a scent that greets the customer when they come home. I figured I'd use it on my dusting cloths. You know how you slightly dampen them to dust? Well, I spritzed mine with a Zoflora solution.

I tried the Lavender scent, first, but didn't really like it. Then I found Warm Cinnamon one and tried that. I love it! I use it on my duster and I also spray the Henry filter and bag with it. And, I put a little in the mop water when I cleaned the kitchen floors. I also sprayed some inside waste baskets and onto toilet seats and flush handles. Both of my customers came home as I was finishing up and they both raved about the smell.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 15-Mar-13 19:44:39

I've been desperately searching for the Warm Cinnamon but can't find it anywhere.

I have discovered that the Pound Shop sell (other fragrances of) Zoflora though.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 15-Mar-13 20:01:41

I am so sad I made a special trip to the supermarket the day warm cinnamon was launched. I found it a real let down. I LOVE Christmas & associated smells but this was really sickly, like a fake gingerbread smell - reminded me of an equally sickly yankee candle I got last year. I love zoflora. Use it watered down as a general disinfectant, yy to kitchen towel in the hoover trick, floor mopping, loo, kichen towel with a bit on in the airing cupboard.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 15-Mar-13 20:03:02

warm cinnamon was a special Christmas edition

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 16-Mar-13 16:10:58

Yes, I think I just happened to find one last bottle in the shops. Which means I will have to find another fragrance to be "the one." This is a pitty!

I didn't like Lavender. I will try "bouquet" next. If I like it, I will buy several bottles.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sat 16-Mar-13 19:22:24

I am using hyacynth right now - i like it but Dh cant stand it

CheungFun Sat 16-Mar-13 19:28:53

I use it to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors. DM says the nursing homes she worked in also used it to clean the toilets.

DCIlouisemonroe Sun 17-Mar-13 15:20:03

Is it really toxic to cats?

I have used it for years and I have cats...

Bloody Nora.

Tinamoo Fri 22-Mar-13 18:40:40

I love it. I put a few drops in my steam cleaner to do the floors. I found a couple of days ago that it is fantastic for cleaning windows, mirrors etc. I have always struggled to get my windows smear free. I mixed a little bit with some water in a spray bottle. I used microfibre cloths to wipe on and then a dry one to dry off. My windows are smear free for the first time ever. Normally I spend more time trying to get rid of the smears than cleaning the windows and I have tried all sorts of different cleaning products/methods. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now