FLYing through March: Fledglings Assemble

(672 Posts)
SilveryMoon Thu 28-Feb-13 20:10:22

Welcome to the March Fledgling FLYers thread

... where we (loosely) follow the step-by-step Flylady housekeeping system (in our own, unique, relaxed style) with lots of and chatting along the way.

This little-and-often system is designed so that we can follow a series of steps and routines each day (which gradually become second nature) in weekly designated zones of the house; defining and minimising housework - which in theory should leave us with more time to do other, more interesting things instead!

At the same time it is intended to reduce that panicky "rabbit in headlights" feeling we get when we are overwhelmed and everything needs doing all at once.

To avoid being inundated with details, we advise not signing up to the Big Tent

We are in the process of following Flylady's steps and routines using a three-pronged approach (dependent on the stage everyone is at):

- start or repeat baby steps

- repeat baby steps + do 15 mins a day decluttering in the current zone

- reinforce babysteps and do daily missions if you have finished decluttering.

[And if you are really enthusiastic and have finished decluttering - you can go on to detailed deep cleaning in each zone.]

Flylady site here

Don't worry if you are behind; just jump right back in and it will all come around next month again anyway!

All the links for the babysteps and missions will be posted here every day and we'll all be here to cheer each other on.

thanks to SC and Blue for leading us through January and February and for the brilliant OP I've just cut and pasted .

Let's get the old dust balls rolling for March!

Jdub Fri 08-Mar-13 09:51:08

Oh my goodness! pushme that is EPIC! AND a party to prepare for! You rock!!! Hope it all goes well and you all have fun!

I can't believe it's Friday already (and I still feel full of energy!) There is nothing worse than lack of sleep (my eldest never entertained the idea of sleep or rest until he was 3) but when 'normal' sleep returns, you NEVER take it for granted, and you really feel SO much livelier!

Hope everyone has a good day and a lovely weekend.

My list
done
up, beds made, fed and out
s&s bathroom
washing done and hung up

to do
change all beds
filing
dust
hoover
washing
sort out some clothes that are too small now

have a lovely day x

AllAboutTheTitsAndAss Fri 08-Mar-13 10:45:47

ta da
get up
do all online stuff (mn/twitter/email accounts/news/fb) etc
Play hunt the glasses
Threaten ds with calling police to get him to school
Find out further the extent of the bullying that he is suffering
Get sworn at by random parent at school because i dare shout at ds in school playground and she got startled
Speak to teacher
3rd load washing on
find number for opticians and play the wait for them to open game
folding
ironing
weird phone call with opticians and now playing the wait for them to call back
recycling taken out
trip run done
cloak room cleaned
benches emptied
stuff from lounge that should be in bedrooms relocated
speak to sister on phone
bread machine running
play another round of hunt the glasses.
30mins decluttering/discovering lounge
sort out person to sign ds' passport forms

AllAboutTheTitsAndAss Fri 08-Mar-13 12:29:33

Did we scare everyone off pushme?

<waits with posting new ta da list in vague hope of returning people>

Perhaps we've been too efficient grin Doesn't seem all that likely though really...

I have managed about 50% of the tidying/decluttering elements of my list but only about 15% of the cleaning! Ah well it's a reasonable start.

On our way to The Deep now to play with the sharks grin BBL

AllAboutTheTitsAndAss Fri 08-Mar-13 12:57:45

envy enjoy the sharks!

GoingGoingGoth Fri 08-Mar-13 13:18:04

Ok, so I can't compete with Pushme or Tits, there's not enough caffeine in the world that could get me to do that much! grin

Done
Beds
Window
Dd ready for school
Washing up x2
Laundry on
Litter tray -bloody cat missed, I should never have laughed at this
Washed bathroom floor because of ^
Completed cleaning oven
5 min room rescue in lounge

AllAboutTheTitsAndAss Fri 08-Mar-13 13:51:25

Clearly you have too much blood in your caffine stream Goth wink

ta da
get up
do all online stuff (mn/twitter/email accounts/news/fb) etc
Play hunt the glasses
Threaten ds with calling police to get him to school
Find out further the extent of the bullying that he is suffering
Get sworn at by random parent at school because i dare shout at ds in school playground and she got startled
Speak to teacher
5th load washing done
find number for opticians and play the wait for them to open game
folding
ironing
weird phone call with opticians and now playing the wait for them to call back
recycling taken out
trip run done
cloak room cleaned
benches emptied
stuff from lounge that should be in bedrooms relocated
speak to sister on phone
bread machine running
turn dough into bread
play another round of hunt the glasses.
30mins decluttering/discovering lounge
sort out person to sign ds' passport forms
Book opticians appointment
find ds' glasses and get them to school
completely declutter/tidy lounge
hoover rug
lift and turn rug
hoover underneath rug
relay rug
replace furniture moved to facilitate rug turning
make a second batch of bread rolls of correct size
wipe down benches
clean bathroom
hoover other bits of lounge, dining room, kitchen, hall, porch and upstairs
tidy dining room
dust lounge, dining room
clean porch
Find paperwork that needs filling in and taking to next town

Right rechecking internet stuff, doing paperwork and heading out. I think cake will be needed!

ellesabe Fri 08-Mar-13 14:03:01

Wow I'm feeling super inferior right now!!! We had the surveyor round thus morning to value out flat so got loads done this morning to get it ready but still nowhere near as much as you lot!

Tada
Make beds
Shower and S&S
Scrub taps
Hoover whole flat
Declutter lounge and kitchen
Wash up from breakfast
Put stuff in car ready to give parents
Wipe bathroom floor
Sort out bedroom cupboards
Chuck a load of crap toys out
Clear crap off the front of the fridge
Wipe down kitchen cabinets
A load of washing
Menu plan
Shopping list

To do
Go to asda
Cook and eat dinner
Persuade dh to wash up
Watch a crap film
Drink wine
Shine sink

On the plus side, it looks like we will get the valuation we need on our flat for the lower interest rate so hurrah! My hard work hopefully paid off!

elliepac Fri 08-Mar-13 15:11:47

Afternoon all.

Welcome back scsmile. Hope things are as ok as possible.

pmpy bloody hell. That is all i have to saygrin. Enjoy the Deep. I don't like it and find it overpriced <picky emoticon>.

tits hope ds ok. Nothing to say to you really. Just had to write titsgrin or can i call you ass, either works for megrin.

Life is slowly returning to normal. Little flying though. We are away to the caravan this weekend for the first time and am looking forward to a break. I won't be around over wkend but wanted to pop in and say hi to my lovely fledgling friendssmile.

ToffeeWhirl Fri 08-Mar-13 16:20:37

Too many scary lists on here today. I'm not even going to try and compete.

Freaky Friday here today, which means DS1 and I swapped roles. So, MiniToffee :

Was up and dressed by 7.30 (usually sleeps till at least 8.30)
Made DS2's breakfast (which DS2 refused to eat)
Tried to get DS2 to dress (which DS2 refused to do)
Attempted to get DS2 out of the door to go to school (by this time, I had to be involved)
Home for breakfast
Put the recycling boxes and bags of bottles out
Found a slug on his trousers and a woodlouse on the floor - both from the recycling boxes <yuck>
Gave me a lesson on the history of video games
Put a load of washing on
Loaded the dishwasher
Washed up remaining dishes and saucepans
Emailed my best friend to report on the day so far
Begged to stop roles back because he didn't like pretending to be a grown up and wanted to be 13 again smile

The experiment certainly changed his perspective. He was shocked at how much had to be done. He would have had another page and a half of jobs to get through if he'd carried on.

As for being a 13-year-old boy - it was great grin.

GoingGoingGoth Fri 08-Mar-13 17:18:22

Toffee what a brilliant day, not sure if I'd want to be 13 again, I remember the acne sad. Wonder if Dd would like to swap, being 8 looks to be lots of fun.

LillethTheCat Fri 08-Mar-13 17:36:25

Ive been slipping.

Just going to concentrate on keeping up the habit of washing up after every meal and doing a load a night. I will gain some motivation at some point.

Hope everyone is well.

I hope to catch up properly tomorrow.

pushme I feel tired just reading your list....

ta da
up, dressed, breakfast
took dd to baby group
washing on
15 minute declutter - tights drawer
cleared hotspot
tomorrow's clothes out

to do
dinner order takeaway
make bed
hang washing out
put dry washing away

eBay stuff I will do tomorrow and I now have an incentive to sort the paperwork mountain as I have just had the letter from the student loans company saying I need to send them my payslips in order to defer my loan payments, and these will be buried in there somewhere.

SilveryMoon Fri 08-Mar-13 20:56:09

Evening.
Just coming on to post links for tomorrow and hopefully get back to catch up in a bit, have soooo much to do

LINKS FOR SATURDAY 9th
babystep 9 5 min room rescue
No missions for the weekend, so just continue with your regular routines and enjoy some time 'off'
daily focus family fun day

I need to:
pack for me and boys to stay overnight at my mum's/dad's tomorrow
paint nails to match top for tomorrow
Eat chocolate

Tomorrows list:
Get up and make beds
Get breakfast
Shower and dress
swish and swipe
Clear breakfast
Finish packing
Litter tray
Dust/polish
Mirrors/glass
Hoover
Mop
Go to parents
Meet friend for drink

Is there anyone who wants to take over for tomorrow? I can't link from my phone and i might be a bit drunk by the evening wink

nettiespaghettisminieggs Fri 08-Mar-13 21:02:19

Hello hello hello It has been many moons since my last post. I would like to sneak in and drop a tada list and run off to bed. (early to bed clever girl grin)

Today DH away so it was all up to me. 2 children cajolled outa door and off to school and nursery. Quick pop into school to hand over governors notes as I have officially resigned. [phew] confused blush sad angry grin wine

Work all morning took till 11.30pm to do my first job of the day wages!
then pick up DD after lunch, rush to town to pay installment on holiday. rush back for school pick up. DD had fab time in puddles = soaked to armpits. Rush home change, rush to mcrappy mcD's, rush home forgot purse, rush back to mcrappy D's. Eat and rush children to eat. rush to supermarket, rush round, rush home, rush kid to bed.

Enough rushing i think you get the gist! grin

Sorted some washing out
sorted out huge pile of towel in effort to clear space before workman comes to build mahoosive cupboard to store xmas decs at top of stairs.
swish and swiped bathroom
swept kitchen floor
wiped tops
moved washing on.
tidied living room
piled all paperwork in one hotspots instead of 12.
Poured glass of wine

tomorrow i intend to

put ironing away
finish washing
do homework with ds
take ds and dd on a countryside walk. DS been learning countryside code at beavers
wrap DNeffipoos present
wrap dfriends new babies present x 2 [2 babies]
pack case for trip to scotland for funeral
pack school bag and make sure lunch money is ready for monday
convince dh tht we need to eat dinner out all together as a family as we have and will be apart for almost a week in one form or another.
hopefully chill and watch a film with dc.
bed early for early start for flight to scottieland.

Huge waves to sc toffee pmpy whoknows tits nicknacks sm toffee blue ellie feet swan who must surely be around somewhere.

A big wave to all the new people who probably arent new its just i havent been here.

I am fairly sure it is around the anniversary of my finding this lovely thread its got to be over 3 years ago shock

hope to be back soon. grin

Nettie! Welcome back. Sorry to see your list has a funeral in it sad.

Ta da
Clutter clear and tidy bedroom, bathroom, DC rooms and stairs
Make bed
Clothes away
Clean bathroom - flylady perfect including oiling bathroom cabinets <smug>
Wrapping paper thrown away
Wash sofa cover
Cups downstairs
Clean carpet
Clean hob
washing x2
Clean kitchen surfaces
Dishwasher

Still to do
Everyfeckingotherthing <less smug>

Plus
Party bags
Wrap pass the parcel (I know a 2 year old doesn't care but there will be mostly older sibs)
Assemble delicious party tea from M&S

Hello nettie lovely to see you grin I see you're getting in the Easter spirit already! Is it really three years shock I think I joined when DD was one so probably about the same for me.

Ellie, you are sooo right about The Deep. Luckily we had a voucher for free children so not feeling too ripped off and DS does love a sparkly fish! Have a lovely relaxing weekend at the caravan (it's not at Filey is it? We go there quite a lot as we've got friends with a caravan there).

Lilleth don't worry about the lapsing, that's the whole flylady thing - dip in, dip out and don't feel guilty

Tits your ta da list is much more impressive than mine envy

Toffee freaky Friday sounds fab, what a fantastic way of teaching a bit of appreciation. I'd love to be 13 again for a day grin

Hi to whoknows, ellesabe, goth, silvery and everyone I've missed.

I have actually managed most of my list so by way of celebration I have left some toddler birthday cake and much wine in the naughty corner. help youselves smile

Had a total CBA day today flying-wise but got quite a lot of work done and made a nice mushroom lasagne for tea. smile

Nice to see you again Nettie!

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal, Ellie.

grin at your Freaky Friday, Toffee.

Big waves to everyone else.

AllAboutTheTitsAndAss Sat 09-Mar-13 00:43:49

And i have just got in from a nightout PMPY the evidence is already starting to appear on fb. blush

Cba to add the other stuff but did have a very nice meal with family before the night out with friends. Now for some sleep

Hello Netti bloody good to see you! gringrin Sorry about funeral being on that list sad

SilveryMoon Sat 09-Mar-13 06:38:03

Morning. Am so sorry I didn't get back to round up last night.

Would be great if someone could take over today so I can get drunk!

Nettie I remember you from this thread years ago. I too have had a 2/3 year break and came back in Jan.

Everyone's asleep but I am dying for a wee so will have to get up sad

Loads to do. Will try to pop on a bit later bud hopefully won't get distracted by mn too soon wink

Cuddledup Sat 09-Mar-13 08:31:49

Yesterday I celebrated International Women's Day by putting my head in the oven and cleaning it !! grin I think this is the second time it's been cleaned since we moved here four years ago! Does this entitle me to the slattern award ? hmm

Have a good day all x

Very liberated cuddled grin
Nearly there now!
To do
Hoover
Shop for final party bits
Trampoline outside
Set out for party

ToffeeWhirl Sat 09-Mar-13 11:28:49

Sorry, Silvery, I am also getting drunk going out tonight. Hopefully someone else will be able to help out.

I'm hoping to collapse with a glass of wine, but I can post links if that would help?

Have a good night out Toffee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now