Come and tell me about your white good

(33 Posts)
Itchywoolyjumper Sun 17-Feb-13 08:24:03

We're moving house and for the first time ever we need our own white goods. Any recommendations? Due to limited space in the kitchen we need a fridge/freezer and a washer/dryer.
Ideally I'd like a fridge/freezer with enough space for a primary school age family of 4 (cos that's I'd like to have in my new life smile and a washer I can fit duvets into.

MinimalistMommi Mon 18-Feb-13 07:52:23

Ice which model number is your Miele washer dryer?

MinimalistMommi Mon 18-Feb-13 08:01:03

njaw it's really good to know that they shouldn't take longer to dry if loaded correctly.

Just been on the John Lewis website looking at the Miele Washer Dryer WT2780
and it had 25 amazing reviews, aside from one reviewer who had her machine break a lot and gave it two stars. In the comments section below that review she explains that the Miele engineer told her basically that the machine needed to have the 'Rinse Fluff' programme ran after each time it is used, otherwise the machine will seize up. Apparently the manual doesn't explain to actually do this.

I need to search around for prices, John Lewis are currently selling it for £1,154.00

Miele miele miele for everything if you can. John Lewis stuff may be AEG, but both the fridge and the freezer we got from there had fundamental problems and just kept breaking. I think they lasted on average 14 months between engineer call outs. We threw them out eventually. Total waste of money.

MinimalistMommi Mon 18-Feb-13 08:04:28

Worsester I need an under counter fridge freezer (we have a very small galley kitchen) maybe I should look to see if Miele does one grin

PigletJohn Mon 18-Feb-13 09:45:48

The upmarket German company AEG went bust some years ago.

Electrolux bought the rights to the brand name so they could use it on some of their appliances.

ouryve Mon 18-Feb-13 09:52:36

Bosch or Siemens for the washer dryer (same with a different name) - and an extended warranty because washer/dryer reliability is always poor. John Lewis are very good for this. On no account buy AEG. They used to be good, but not any more.

SE13Mummy Mon 18-Feb-13 16:57:11

I think we pay about £17 a month - we went for an ex-display model which makes it a bit cheaper than the usual price.

njaw Mon 18-Feb-13 19:44:37

I would recommend Miele all day long however the only thing I would look at with the WT2780 is that it will only take 3kg of drying which is smaller than alternatives on the market.

Siemens have one that cleans itself post cycle if the Miele issue bothers you
http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/our-products/laundry/washer-dryers/WD14H520GB.html?source=browse

I don't work for a manufacturer btw so I'm not biased to one or the other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now