40 bags in 40 days...anyone doing this or want to join me?

(82 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 16-Feb-13 09:01:14

I read about this a few days ago and should have started on Wednesday but the children have been off all week and it's pointless trying to sort anything out while they're here (only one DS of my own but look after several others).

Today, my goal is to fill a minimum of 4 bags and get them out of the house.

Anyone want to join me?

stormforce10 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:56:36

Not really done much today but have managed to freecycle the baby swing which ds had grown out of and was taking a lot of floor space. Maternity clothes have gone too smile

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Mar-13 11:43:02

No further on as we went away for the weekend. Am hopinh dd naps this afternoon so I can tackle the kitchen...

stormforce10 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:26:33

latest tally

5 1/2 bags rubbish gone
1 1/2 bags to charity shop
1 box toys for charity shop
3 bags for charity
1 bag dds school uniform for school shop
1 bag shoes for recycling
baby swing and maternity clothes free cycled

house still a tip shock

issimma Tue 05-Mar-13 15:05:19

Can I join? Am v keen declutterer, and hate 'stuff'. Will aim for 30 bags this March, excluding putting the bins out.
Today: 2 carriers of clothes freecycled. 28 to go.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 09-Mar-13 08:24:49

Issimma - welcome!

Right, I am up early(ish) and ready to get some bags filled!

I still have the bags I filled from last week to take to the charity shop so will put them straight in the car and go and fill some more!

Meglet Wed 03-Apr-13 19:03:48

Just popping back.

I have cleared out quite a lot of stuff but I'm stuck waiting for car boot season now. Got several big blue Ikea bags of kids stuff in my loft and mums spare room waiting for the sun to shine.

So once I can do a car boot sale I can clear everything.

AdoraBell Thu 04-Apr-13 16:19:29

I have a confessionblush I defected to the Minimalist Quiche <runs>

Have shifted loads of clutter but couldn't fit in around the 40 bags/40 days theme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now