Vi Spring Shetland soft mattress - advice please!

(15 Posts)
sthomas10029 Sun 06-Apr-14 18:18:24

CLK26. If your still looking message me at tomwdr at Gmail dot com
Would be more then glad to advise. Vi-Spring time replace the mattress with another firmness if your not happy with it.

sthomas10029 Sun 06-Apr-14 18:12:12

If your looking for a ultra soft Vi-Spring will custom make it to any firmness you like. I have two masterpieces one med & one firm and a regal classic Med. The regal is pretty soft as medium.

CLK26 Wed 26-Mar-14 01:05:02

BabyNo2 i dont know how to inbox you but interested in your mattress. Which Vi spring is it? is it medium or soft?

CLK26 Sat 22-Mar-14 00:14:10

I have tried the pillow but nothing works. I never had pain until the new mattress and it used to go after being awake for a few hours but now I have it permanently all day every day. It feels a bit better after a shower but is still always there. It's been about 9 months now and I have bought so many mattresses it's driving me insane I just don't know what to do apart from buy the Shetland but worried that it might be too soft and cause some other pain, the medium was too firm still. If anyone has bought one or anything else that has helped please let me know! Which soft vispring do you have babyno2? Pm me with details please!! smile

babyNo2 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:09:30

Hi I have a Vi Spring soft matress and its very soft - infact i want to sell it if you are interested!

treesntrees Wed 19-Mar-14 20:48:38

CLK26 have you tried putting a pillow between your knees. It sounds as if you have some ligament problems and you need to keep your top leg more horizontal rather than sloping. Hope this makes sense.

CLK26 Tue 18-Mar-14 03:28:26

I know this is an old thread but it is the closest thing i cant find to a review on a shetland soft mattress (Vi spring).

I also, after buying 4 mattresses this year am in desperate need of an ultra soft mattress. I have even had a hypnos in medium but it just wasnt soft enough or the right kind of soft. I am 9 stone (sometimes 8.5 stone) so quite small too, i sleep on my side and have developed very bad hip pain which used to go in the afternoons but now lasts all day and night and i constantly suffer from it. Im only 24 and never had hip or back pain until we replaced our sagging mattress last year and got persuaded into buying "firm/orphopeadic" as is meant to be better for you back. Obv this couldnt be further from the truth for a 9 stone side sleeper! Now i have a bad hip, strangely the opposite hip to the one i sleep on.

After months of buying beds and shopping for a new one, i found the Vispring Shetland which feels like my dream bed, and like the writer of this thread find all others too hard. I have also found one called the vispring devonshire which is made to be a similar cheaper version of the shetland, it feels nice but nowhere near as cloud-like as the shetland. I have been to every bed shop within a 40 mile radius of brighton and almost every bed is hard or firm and nowhere seems to even sell more than 1 or 2, if any, soft mattresses.

I would love to know if you ended up buying a shetland? I really am stuck on whether i should buy this or the devonshire, but would happily buy it if i know i am not going to continue getting hip pain or get some other pain from it but dont want to end up wasting money on another bed. I am a mature student and dont have much money so will already have to buy on credit for this one...

Many thanks for any suggestions or comments on either of these mattresses. p.s the shetland supreme felt amazing too but at over 6000 is way over my budget.

sandy1969 Thu 18-Jul-13 13:09:31

Old thread, but thought I would post as this could be me. I had a foam for comfort mattress specially made years ago and still had very achy hips. Tried Abaca organic (latex) mattress in their softest type and still had achy hips (this bed is brilliant for the kids as totally natural). Latex isn't soft enough for achy hips in my opinion.

Now have had a Vispring Shetland Superb for 8 months or so and it is as comfortable as when I bought it. No change in the mattress so far. They are very expensive but natural with no fire retardents. I bought the soft mattress only, to go on a wooden frame and my hips are much improved, I rarely have discomfort although I do stretches to keep them comfortable.

The mattress was even softer on a divan base, it was like a cloud then (and I had read about mattresses being like this before, tried MANY and thought no way is that like a cloud). We bought from "And so to bed" in Bristol and they let us try the mattress on the floor to approximate our base. I am allergic to bed mites so wanted to avoid a divan. I am now buying a topper too as I wanted one from the start and it will be even softer then. I will buy from them again as they were brilliant.

Samantha9136 Tue 19-Feb-13 22:09:32

We have a vi-spring bed (not the version you refer to though) and can honestly say it's wonderful - have had it for 8 years now & it's still like new, so comfortable - I would go with your gut instinct though & if that's the Vi Spring then go for it! Good luck

VincenzaOfSaragossa Fri 15-Feb-13 18:33:05

mindingalongtime - this the company who gave me the excellent advice about wool mattresses. John said he couldn't replicate anything soft enough - but he has been so fantastic that I only wish I could buy something from him (and, in fact, we are buying a zip and link combo from them for a rental property on the strength of his generous advice). I couldn't recommend them more highly!

mindingalongtime Fri 15-Feb-13 16:53:23

Don't be deceived by the name of this company www.factory-beds-direct.co.uk/ They give the most amazing advice, look at some of the questions or email them. Google your own bed with the name factory beds, something may come up.

I need to replace the zip link mattress on my side of our Vi Spring Tiara supreme originally cost £10K+ but DH is happy with his mattress, to replace mine with a VS will be £4k, but they have an equivalent for £1k.

The advice is freely given with no strings and is truly excellent

VincenzaOfSaragossa Fri 15-Feb-13 07:37:00

Thanks, Ceres. I have indeed, and had one made specially by foamforcomfort, funnily enough. Sadly, it was too hard, though...

ceres Fri 15-Feb-13 06:58:25

have you looked at latex mattresses?

we have one and love it. ours is actually fairly firm but you can get a soft option also.

dunlopillo make latex mattresses and online shops like foamforcomfort.co.uk allow you to have a mattress made to your own specification.

VincenzaOfSaragossa Thu 14-Feb-13 22:27:35

Please?

VincenzaOfSaragossa Thu 14-Feb-13 22:01:03

I am in urgent need of a new, ultra-soft mattress (I am a tiny 7 stone type with bad hips, so need something as soft as possible) and have fallen completely and utterly in love with a Vi Spring Shetland mattress in soft tension.

I consulted a mattress expert, who said that wool mattresses might possibly compact down and become less comfortable after a relatively short time - but has anyone else had one? It is obviously massively expensive, and I am desperate to get this right!

(And if anyone can suggest any ultra-soft alternatives, I'd be very grateful for those too. I find all the other Vi Spring 'soft' options too hard, even with two mattress toppers - I am failing to sleep on one now! - but there might be something else out there that would give me more than a couple of hours of sleep...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now