My washing machine doesn't get stains out on the wool cycle, any ideas please?

(8 Posts)
Sofi1 Fri 15-Feb-13 16:49:44

Hi, just punt a little bit of normal hard soap on the stain

Geranium3 Fri 15-Feb-13 16:47:23

i had a similar problem but have solved it by using neat fairy washing up liquid, always the lemon one, just a few drops direct on stain, no water and a gentle rub before going in machine, only seems to work with fairy!!

orangeandlemons Fri 15-Feb-13 14:30:48

What are they like on the hotter wash if you use fabric conditioner?

PigletJohn Fri 15-Feb-13 14:29:45

the cold wash does not dissolve powder well.

Are you using powder or liquid?

FlouncingMintyy Fri 15-Feb-13 14:28:35

Wet the stain with cold water and rub with vanish stain stick (its like a bar of soap) on both sides before washing. Dry in direct sunlight if possible.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Fri 15-Feb-13 14:20:48

Ah, I don't think I have a long cycle. I thought the wool wash does everything gently, it has lots of pauses and seems to gently slosh the clothes. I'm guessing that's why the stains don't get whacked out of stuff!

It's pretty much mostly food,tomato,yoghurt, and sadly baby sick.

twinklesparkles Fri 15-Feb-13 14:03:41

I'd put it on an everyday wash.. Either that or long cycle

Light spin and on 30

What kinda stains are they? Xx

thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 14-Feb-13 20:39:25

I have a Bosch washer dryer (rented flat) and I was the children's hand knit cardigans (great grandma) on a 30 degree wool cycle with an 800 spin. They're not wool but the hotter wash seems to make them pill and sort of knot up, can't explain it. Anyway, stains just do not come out. Nor in fact do any stains or marks on any of our clothes that need a 30 degree wash, trousers, wool jumpers etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now