Plastic spatula has melted on my new crepe pan :(

(5 Posts)
nannyl Tue 12-Feb-13 14:43:41

i had that with a blue plastic spoony thing on my le cruset just last week

i got it off (while still warm) with washing up liquid and a scourer.

PigletJohn Tue 12-Feb-13 11:46:26

is the pan iron, or non-stick, or what?

cherryboomboom Tue 12-Feb-13 10:56:53

I agree poachedeggs it is!! I should have just stuck with "how do you remove melted plastic from a pan?"
Even the post is a bit hmm "I was happily making the kids pancakes this morning" - must have been too much sugar in those pancakes wink
Thanks for the suggestion I will give it a go.

poachedeggs Tue 12-Feb-13 09:53:32

I'm sorry this isn't helpful, but your thread title is the ultimate first world problem. The ultimate!

If you froze it would it peel off?

cherryboomboom Tue 12-Feb-13 09:51:28

Bought myself a new crepe pan and was happily making the kids pancakes this morning and flipping with my (usual) hard plastic spatula/turner/flippy thing when I noticed the pancakes had started to stick. Looked at the flippy thing and noticed that it had started to melt, looks at the pan and noticed that it was covered in a thin film of melted spatula in the middle sad

So I started to scrape with a wooden spatula (why on earth I didn't use this to begin with I do not know) and got most of it off. But there is still marks all over it. I think it's still usuable (just) but does anyone know of anything else I can do?

I have boiled some water and bicarbonate soda in it, I have also dabbed it with nail polish remover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now