Rotary clothes dryers

(15 Posts)
Curlybrunette Wed 13-Feb-13 09:22:01

Great, thanks for all the advice, I'll get ordering
x

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 21:21:47

Curly not sure which of those is same as mine but would think either would be fine smile

VicarInaTutu Tue 12-Feb-13 20:59:12

ive just bought a 4 arm large vileda one from argos which had lots and lots of really good reviews for about £50. my last one in my old house was a vileda and was fine.

i had been looking on amazon at brabantia but they had very mixed reviews.

mine isnt up yet as the garden is being landscaped. i would also always go for a large capacity.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 20:56:33

Ah bugger sorry, this is the top spinner

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 20:00:53

They look identical in your links - have you posted the correct link??

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 19:51:48

Great idea to cement in the bucket, I'll tell the handyman that.

Do you think the lift-o-matic and top spinner (see links above) are pretty much the same then?

PolterGoose Argentina Tue 12-Feb-13 19:30:27

Brabantia here too, is fab.

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 19:16:44

My DH cemented the soil spear into a deep plastic bucket and then buried that into the ground.

Another vote for a Brabantia. I've been through 2 cheaper airers in 2 years so I spent the money out.

I have a 3 arm which is enough for the 3 of us. 4 in the family, I would recommend the 4 arm.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 18:54:45

I've looked on Amazon and there's a Brabantia lift-o-matic or a top spinner I'm not sire of the difference, the second is about £10 cheaper but both have great reviews.

Also, both come with a metal soil spear, is this the bit which is cemented into the ground? I'd planned to get it cemented, do I need anything else?

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 15:10:07

Definitely go for a Brabantia; ours is a big four arm one - 60m I think and it is much better than cheaper makes I've had previously.

DorisIsWaiting Tue 12-Feb-13 10:32:51

We have a brabantia one and it was well worth the money (neigbours have been through 2 cheaper ones in the same time we've had ours) We've got a 50m one for a family of 5 which seems to work ok. we also take it down after use and put a cover on.

nb the bottom of the base is concreted in and then we put soil and grass over the top which stops it from moving around.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 10:11:08

Thanks Leonie, I will make sure I go big (and get a cover)
x

LeonieDeSainteVire Tue 12-Feb-13 08:27:18

I can't recommend one as I inherited ours with the house but having used it for a year I would say go for a four arm one and as large as you can. Ours is a three arm one and it's far too small for a family wash. Also, I'm sure you wouldn't do this, but do watch where you put it. If I hang a duvet cover on ours it blows against the wall of the house when the line turns because there isn't enough space.

Oh and get a cover for when it's down, it keeps it clean which is good but more importantly they can be a strangulation risk when folded down.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 07:58:31

Morning,
Last summer I had a washing line stretching from the house to the fence at the. I'm fed up with the clothes being got when the kids are playing football and I think I've wrecked the fence at the end so have decided to go for a rotary dryer.
Can anyone recommend a particular one? I've looked on the B&Q website and a 45m own brand is £35 whereas the vileda on is £50. Is it the sort of thing which is worth spending more on?
Actually with the 4 of us I'm wondering whether I should get the 60m?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now