Rotary clothes dryers

(15 Posts)
Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 07:58:31

Morning,
Last summer I had a washing line stretching from the house to the fence at the. I'm fed up with the clothes being got when the kids are playing football and I think I've wrecked the fence at the end so have decided to go for a rotary dryer.
Can anyone recommend a particular one? I've looked on the B&Q website and a 45m own brand is £35 whereas the vileda on is £50. Is it the sort of thing which is worth spending more on?
Actually with the 4 of us I'm wondering whether I should get the 60m?
Thanks

LeonieDeSainteVire Tue 12-Feb-13 08:27:18

I can't recommend one as I inherited ours with the house but having used it for a year I would say go for a four arm one and as large as you can. Ours is a three arm one and it's far too small for a family wash. Also, I'm sure you wouldn't do this, but do watch where you put it. If I hang a duvet cover on ours it blows against the wall of the house when the line turns because there isn't enough space.

Oh and get a cover for when it's down, it keeps it clean which is good but more importantly they can be a strangulation risk when folded down.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 10:11:08

Thanks Leonie, I will make sure I go big (and get a cover)
x

DorisIsWaiting Tue 12-Feb-13 10:32:51

We have a brabantia one and it was well worth the money (neigbours have been through 2 cheaper ones in the same time we've had ours) We've got a 50m one for a family of 5 which seems to work ok. we also take it down after use and put a cover on.

nb the bottom of the base is concreted in and then we put soil and grass over the top which stops it from moving around.

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 15:10:07

Definitely go for a Brabantia; ours is a big four arm one - 60m I think and it is much better than cheaper makes I've had previously.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 18:54:45

I've looked on Amazon and there's a Brabantia lift-o-matic or a top spinner I'm not sire of the difference, the second is about £10 cheaper but both have great reviews.

Also, both come with a metal soil spear, is this the bit which is cemented into the ground? I'd planned to get it cemented, do I need anything else?

Another vote for a Brabantia. I've been through 2 cheaper airers in 2 years so I spent the money out.

I have a 3 arm which is enough for the 3 of us. 4 in the family, I would recommend the 4 arm.

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 19:16:44

My DH cemented the soil spear into a deep plastic bucket and then buried that into the ground.

PolterGoose Tue 12-Feb-13 19:30:27

Brabantia here too, is fab.

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 19:51:48

Great idea to cement in the bucket, I'll tell the handyman that.

Do you think the lift-o-matic and top spinner (see links above) are pretty much the same then?

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 20:00:53

They look identical in your links - have you posted the correct link??

Curlybrunette Tue 12-Feb-13 20:56:33

Ah bugger sorry, this is the top spinner

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:59:12

ive just bought a 4 arm large vileda one from argos which had lots and lots of really good reviews for about £50. my last one in my old house was a vileda and was fine.

i had been looking on amazon at brabantia but they had very mixed reviews.

mine isnt up yet as the garden is being landscaped. i would also always go for a large capacity.

Horsemad Tue 12-Feb-13 21:21:47

Curly not sure which of those is same as mine but would think either would be fine smile

Curlybrunette Wed 13-Feb-13 09:22:01

Great, thanks for all the advice, I'll get ordering
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now