Boring but what dorrmat should I buy?

(17 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:21:45

Turtle mats.

I bought two in the sale and they are good.

Register with them and then wait a day so you get your free p&p code.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sat 16-Feb-13 13:06:51

Another vote for turtle mats. Tried a Watson mat but it smells nearly as bad as the dog when it is wet for some reason.

maybunny Fri 15-Feb-13 20:40:00

Yep turtle mats! Have two so when one is in the wash the other one comes out.

lisianthus Thu 14-Feb-13 10:47:20

Another vote for Turtle mats. They are purely awesome. They are also machine washable and you can stick them in a tumble dryer. I just have an indoor one and it picks up EVERYTHING. But they do outside ones too as others have said.

PigletJohn Wed 13-Feb-13 12:59:03

I like a traditional Coir bristle mat outside, you can hoover or hose it, and I flop mine over the fence-rail to hose and dry.

Most of them are too small, I think 3 ft x 2 ft is a reasonable size, you can usually get them, woven construction, at carpet shops or John Lewis. You can sometimes get a rubber- or plastic-backed large one at a more modest price from Wilkinsons or Aldi.

Turtle make exterior ones too.

fussychica Tue 12-Feb-13 19:06:32

Any recommendations for exterior mats?

ICantFindAFreeNickName Mon 11-Feb-13 20:51:15

Wow, thanks for all the replies - It looks like I will be splashing out on Turtle door mats then.

gemma4d Mon 11-Feb-13 20:00:24

Watsons Floormats. Years (OK, decades!) ago I wanted a turtle mat but it was too pricey. I bought Watsons Floormats instead. They still look good as new after surviving 2 greyhounds, 2 kids, and many, many washes in the machine.

Turtle mats all the way! I bought some on the recommendation of MN and am a convert.

fossil971 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:09:22

this is the usual link but not much available at the moment.

fossil971 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:08:01

Turtle mat. If the price is giving you palpitations sign up to their website emails and there is a sample sale every few months. I bought three mats for about £20 each last year.

Snowgirl1 Mon 11-Feb-13 08:52:49

I agree Turtle Mats are good - they are much better than the hard bristley sort at stopping wet footprints getting tracked into the house. I've got one by the back door, which we use most, and even one by the cat flap to stop wet muddy paws getting tracked into the house.

I bought mine from a hardware store on eBay which did a good price and free delivery.

PigletJohn Sun 10-Feb-13 23:41:38

a soft one indoors, and the biggest Coir mat you can find for the outside.

It is also useful to have a bristly hedgehog or other thing outside the door for rubbing dirty boots on

It is not a live hedgehog, but a thing with bristles sticking out in all directions.

piprabbit Sun 10-Feb-13 15:53:01

I love my Turtle Mats.
I bought a big stripy one for the front door, and then smaller cheaper ones for the back door and garage.

doodledoodoo Sun 10-Feb-13 15:50:56

Turtle Mat.

Expensive but worth it imo. Bung it in the washing machine at 40 degrees and it comes up like new.

ICantFindAFreeNickName Sun 10-Feb-13 13:37:32

What with all the recent snow & rain I'm fed up of my downstairs floors looking dirty all the time. So I thought I would splash out on some decent doormats to replace the cheapo Tesco ones that don't seem to do anything.
The prices seem to range from £5 up to over £50, which I dont mind spending if they actually stop the wet & dirt from going all over my tiles & wood laminate. Has anyone got a doormat that they would reccomend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now