Help me with choosing a bed please!

(5 Posts)
blinkinflip Sat 09-Feb-13 20:33:12

I'm finally getting a new bed - current one is a divan type with drawers all broken and it's knackered basically!
I really need storage but don't like divan beds with drawers so have decided a bed frame on legs with space underneath the bed is the way to go - plan to get nice storage boxes etc.
So would you recommend metal or wood? Am thinking wood might be sturdier?
I like a vintage type look so something old fashioned looking would be good - probably in a darkish colour.
Where's good for beds - M&S, JL, Dreams?
Are they easy to put together (by myself) if I have to get one that doesn't come made up?

higgle Sat 09-Feb-13 20:57:40

Warren Evans - I have bought two beds from them and they are wonderful, two nice men came all the way from London (to Gloucestershire)to deliver and assemble too. here

MildlyMiserable Sun 10-Feb-13 14:16:45

I second Warren Evans, bought my first bed there 25 years ago ( they had a small workshop in Clerkenwell), a single, which is now my DS's bed. Bought my seond (double) a few years later. Both still in excellent condition - obviously have updated mattresses.

Arithmeticulous Tue 19-Feb-13 11:52:57

Bump- I'm also looking.

FreshWest Tue 19-Feb-13 12:07:34

I know you said you've made a decision to get a bed frame but have you considered an ottoman bed like this
We have one (this one in fact smile ) and its really good, the nice people at dreams even came and assembled it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now