Miele vacuums - which cylinder to buy?

(10 Posts)

Am finally able to get rid of our el cheapo vacuum and want to replace it with a Miele, any recommendations on which one? The S700 is on sale at John Lewis at the moment and I like the sound of the turbo brush attachment for it, but would be grateful for advice! TIA

PigletJohn Sat 09-Feb-13 09:51:48

the Miele are all reliable and effective, they tend to get more features and get more fancy as you move up the price scale, rather than changing quality.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Horsemad Sat 09-Feb-13 13:29:52

I've got one but although it's a great vacuum, I HATE it!!

I can't stand having to buy bags and have swapped for a bagless upright (Russell Hobbs).

PigletJohn Sat 09-Feb-13 13:48:50

bags are great!

I've just bought the S8310 Power Plus, on the strength of the Which review and I'm very pleased with it.

I love my miele. I never thought I would say that about a vacuum. I have an S7210 and it is fantastic.

CointreauVersial Sat 09-Feb-13 22:21:50

I have always had bad luck with vacuum cleaners, so shelled out £270 for a Miele upright. But after 18 months, the damned thing has gone wrong!

Luckily we bought it from John Lewis, so it's still under guarantee. The lady at JL said she couldn't remember the last time she had to deal with a malfunctioning Miele, so I guess we had a wrong 'un. Typical!

Having said that, I was pleased with it up until then and would still recommend them, as they are very sturdy and well-made. I prefer uprights as we have a lot of carpet area; mine's an S7210.

lozster Sun 10-Feb-13 21:35:44

I have the cat and dog - cant remember number but it has a turbo head. You can turn the power down which is helpful as it practically raises the carpet! I thought the tool storage seemed hokey but it actually works ok (all attached to external hose). I got a Miele as my previous one broke - it was second hand, I had had it for 13 years and it had been sorely tried during a house renovation so I was happy to go for another one!

Lemonylemon Mon 11-Feb-13 12:24:22

I have the cat and dog too. The turbo head is brilliant. It has a mini turbo head as well that you can use on the stairs. This is my first cylinder after having Hoovers and Dysons for years and years. I'd happily stick with my Miele.

Thanks all, much appreciated. Sounds like the turbo head is a must have then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now