Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Any ideas on why a one gas burner on a hob won't light?

(4 Posts)

So I have a Gas hob and last time I cleaned it one of the hob burners won't light past a low heat. Now I've cleaned it again and another one won't light at all.

I only wiped around with a bit of cleaner, not too much water as didn't want to flood it. There's no light on the little bit that sticks up to light the gas on the hob (does that make sense - I don't know what it's called) is it a wick?

Any advice would be gratefully received as I don't really want to pay out to get a service engineer if it's only me being silly. Also can't really afford a call out fee etc at the moment.

Thank you smile

jeee Fri 08-Feb-13 12:05:01

One of my burners hasn't worked since DD1 made fudge and let it boil over. To add insult to the hob's injury the fudge was inedible.

Trills Fri 08-Feb-13 12:09:42

Have you moved the black disc bit? Wiggle it and see if it's in the wrong place.

Will it light it you hold fire to it - so is it completely broken or is it just the clicky-lighter that doesn't work?

RamblingRosa Fri 08-Feb-13 12:18:50

Agree with Trills. This often happens to me after I've cleaned stove and it's because the little black disc bit has become dislodged.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now