Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

cleaning a North Face 2in1-type jacket

(2 Posts)
DeepRedBetty Thu 07-Feb-13 21:54:56

Do you dare put both outers on together and then both inners?

My gut instinct is to wash both with a tiny bit of dreft and be prepared to reproof the outers. You can get all sorts of reproofing sprays, I frankly doubt you need a specific North Face one.

You'll need to tumble the down filled bits. Hanging to dry NEVER works.

happynappies Thu 07-Feb-13 14:22:03

I'll try not to waffle. I've got a TNF jacket, waterproof outer, down inner. The instructions on the label on both say to machine or hand wash in warm water with a mild detergent (not liquid) separately, rinse twice then tumble dry on low. Would you therefore wash both bits separately, which seems a bit hmm when I could get both in the machine and done together... I wash ds's waterproof jacket in a solution called Granger's from an outdoors shop which was recommended, and I was going to use this on my jacket too - but then I've read that it does something to the waterproof lining, so do I wash the down inner, then put a separate wash on, wash the waterproof outer, then put a separate wash on and put ds's jacket in with the special solution? Anybody done this? Then I'll start on dh's 2-in-1!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now