Advice needed please... NAPISAN

(11 Posts)
justaweeone Mon 04-Feb-13 12:34:20

Good for gym clothes

brighthair Sun 03-Feb-13 22:41:15

V good for sweaty clothes. If you have some tops that are clean but smell in armpit region stick some napisan in with the wash (and no fabric conditioner)

AmandaPayne Sun 03-Feb-13 22:37:11

It will bleach much more if you soak things. You can add it straight to the powder drawer too though, which is what I do unless there is a real disaster!

e1y1 Sun 03-Feb-13 22:28:54

Ah thanks Amanda just got your message after reply above. Thank you both

e1y1 Sun 03-Feb-13 22:27:56

Ah thanks for that boffin as the box I just looked at on Amazon says for whites and coloureds. Do they do more than one version? (please no, as its hard enough picking a standard laundry detergent grin)

AmandaPayne Sun 03-Feb-13 22:27:09

Yes, don't lob in every wash. But it doesn't bleach like bleach IYSWIM. It will just take out colour over time. If one of the DD's have had a vomiting bug or something, I'll take fading over germs, since so much can't be washed at high temperatures.

BoffinMum Sun 03-Feb-13 22:24:49

Yes, it bleaches things and disinfects them. Careful with your coloureds.

e1y1 Sun 03-Feb-13 22:23:26

Thanks, will have a look at it then, sounds handy. I dont usually use wash additives (I think that Vanish is a con) but if Napisan makes things cleaner when needed its got to be worth a shot.

Thanks again.

BoffinMum Sun 03-Feb-13 22:21:22

Mothercare and supermarkets stock it, it's a powder bleach thing, for soaking nappies and whites in, quite effective.

AmandaPayne Sun 03-Feb-13 22:20:51

No idea on cost, I just chuck it in the shopping trolley I am afraid.

It is disinfectant powder. I used reuseable nappies, so use it on that (though not every wash). Also towels, bedding, clothes etc if someone has been ill, any clothes with yucky bodily fluids on (you know, toddler vomit and other eeew). Lasts ages.

e1y1 Sun 03-Feb-13 22:18:05

Just that really - NAPISAN

(Sorry if this thread has been done before)

I have never bought or used it, but have heard a lot of people refer to it in these threads.

I take it is some sort of disenfecting product?

What uses do you find for it, is it worth its money, are other products better and why?

Also if I do buy some, how much would you say is a reasonable cost for what quantity? I ask as I have looked at some on Amazon, someone said they could get it cheaper in store, but as I have never bought it, I don't know what I am comparing to.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now