Which Shark steam mop do I need?

(10 Posts)
ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Wed 06-Feb-13 10:12:56

Have just ordered the 2-in-1 that converts. Though I have since read lots of people saying that the Eureka enviro cleaner is better, argh!

WiseKneeHair Tue 05-Feb-13 16:41:45

I've got the one that converts to a handheld steamer. Great on my tiled floors and everyone who uses it loves it. I haven't used the handheld bit much bit of a household slattern but I did clean the grouting in my shower and it was brilliant.
Would definitely recommend. Has a nice long cord and very quick and easy to use. The reservoir isn't overly big, but I guess if it were bigger, that would add to the weight.

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Tue 05-Feb-13 16:37:56

Thanks very much, arti! Very helpful.

can't lift a steam mop too high because as you start to turn it upside down, the water flows to the other end of the reservoir and so no steam comes out. You can use it to do things lower than about waist height ( eg kitchen base units, bottom of bath/shower tray, lower bits of bathroom tiles, but not higher bits or windows!)

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Tue 05-Feb-13 10:26:01

One last attempt at bumping and then I will shut up, I promise smile

What I really want to know is whether you can lift a steam mop up to clean tiled walls... anyone? Pretty please?!

CuttedUpPear Mon 04-Feb-13 11:36:38

<lurks>

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Mon 04-Feb-13 11:35:56

Bumpity-bump...

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Sun 03-Feb-13 14:04:52

If I can do the windows and bathroom walls with the regular one then I'll get that but the converts-to-handheld is so much more expensive than the others. I just can't see myself using it for spot-cleaning but am prepared to be convinced otherwise...

Marking my place. I'm looking at the Shark steam mop in Lakeland... the one that converts to a hand-held steamer. It's got mixed reviews on both Lakeland and Amazon and I'm reluctant to spend £140 if it's a bit meh.

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Sun 03-Feb-13 09:53:12

Have decided to get a Shark steam mop but no idea which one to get. Is the pumping thing annoying on the manual versions? There is an electronic version which delivers a continuous steam flow and I'm wondering if that's worth the extra £s. I know that you get ones which also convert to handheld cleaners but can you use the non-converting ones to clean windows and tiled bathroom walls? (ie. can you lift them up to use on vertical surfaces?). I'm not sure that I would use the handheld thingy so a converting one seems like it'd be a waste of money if I could just lift a normal one up to do walls and windows. Also, how good are they on windows? Do you really just have to steam them and not wipe them after? They're not all streaky?

TIA!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now