I bought a steam generator today - I adore it!

(5 Posts)
BerylStreep Sat 02-Feb-13 23:10:39

My iron was over 15 years old, my ironing board over 25 years old! So I decided it was time to splash out on new stuff, even though I really don't like (or do much) ironing.

After reading about them here, I decided to get a steam generator - I got the philips one, and a new giant ironing board - so big it looks like a surf board.

These things are absolutely bloody amazing! I spent the whole morning ironing, even offered to do DH shirts, and managed to breeze through a nightmare linen tablecloth that we only use once a year at Christmas because it's such a pain to iron.

I cannot believe that I am spending a Saturday night extolling the virtues of ironing, but there you go. I [heart] my steam generator. blush

ChablisLover Sat 02-Feb-13 23:15:26

Me too!

Cuts ironing time in half!

I have a saving fund for when mine breaks and I need a new one

Even my mil got one on my recommendation and she loves hers

They are fabulous revolutionary items!

I could go on and on and on.

TheFallenNinja Sat 02-Feb-13 23:15:48

I thought I'd learnt all I would ever need to know about ironing when I was in the Army, however, my steam generator is just about one of the most satisfying labour saving things I've come across in ages.

BerylStreep Sat 02-Feb-13 23:27:15

Yes, when I was looking at them in the shops I couldn't really understand why they were so much more expensive than steam irons, for basically just having giant water reservoirs.

How little I knew then. grin

AppleOgies Sun 03-Feb-13 08:42:42

Mine is the bees knees. grin

I'll never go back to a regular iron.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now