what is the best way to clean footie boots?

(14 Posts)
Moominsarehippos Sat 02-Feb-13 13:59:24

Well, I assume there's a boot inside each of the two lumps of mud in the hallway.

5madthings Sat 02-Feb-13 14:00:54

You get the owner of the football boots to clean them!

A good bang off outsude and a brush to get the rest off.

sleepyhead Sat 02-Feb-13 14:03:36

Leave mud to dry, bang together outside to get as much off as possible, give owner of boots a nail brush and old tooth brush (if fussy) and send them outside to scrub the dried mud off. When the dried mud is off they can use hot soapy water to give them a wipe down if nec.

HazeltheMcWitch Sat 02-Feb-13 14:08:20

chuck them from upstairs window, out onto the patio below. The majority of mud falls off. Works even better when the mud has dried. NB these were my hockey boots.

Otherwise, agree with 5. The owner does it.

Moominsarehippos Sat 02-Feb-13 15:32:33

The owner is small and would only make more mess for moomin... The laces are rigod, oh yuk.

AppleOgies Sat 02-Feb-13 15:39:05

Hazel has sound advice. Let the mud dry and then bash bash bash. You can also by these little tools from the sports shop for digging the mud out.

Damp toothbrush and washing up liquid (little bit) once most of the mud is gone.

BoffinMum Sat 02-Feb-13 22:25:32

I bang the mud off and them wash them in a special bag in the washing machine! Unorthodox, I know. wink

IDreamedADreamOfSausageRolls Sun 03-Feb-13 10:02:40

I wonder if putting them in a plastic bag in the freezer would harden the mud so it comes off more cleanly? Worth a try? Don't forget to find a suitable job for the small owner to do in return...

Moominsarehippos Sun 03-Feb-13 10:35:40

I have volunteered moomindad to do it! Hahaha.

LittleMissNorty Sun 03-Feb-13 10:37:52

Bottle brush and warm water

bigTillyMint Sun 03-Feb-13 10:38:44

DS does this - let the mud dry and bang them together OUTSIDE, then run the hot water on the outside and wipe with a washing up cloth to get the rest off. Then dry off with a teatowel hmm

They have never been washed in the washing machineshock!

3monkeys Sun 03-Feb-13 10:39:12

Agree with bottle brush under running water. I have 3 lots and quite enjoy it!

bigTillyMint Sun 03-Feb-13 10:45:00

I can't believe you clean them for your DC - my DS and DD have to clean their own! This means DS's are sparkly and new-looking, and DD's can't be seen under the clods of mudgrin

Moominsarehippos Sun 03-Feb-13 11:20:46

He's only 8. Left to him, they won't get cleaned at all and they are a nightmare to get on with a week of caked-on mud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now