Which Induction Hob?

(7 Posts)
PipCarrier Wed 30-Jan-13 20:42:29

I have a neff, not sure of model, but have had it for 6 years now - very, very happy and impressed with it and would never go back to gas. Hth.

Tingo Wed 30-Jan-13 10:01:53

Oh dear - do not like the sound of noisy. None of my product info includes decibel levels.

toastedteacake Tue 29-Jan-13 14:25:43

I have had a wider ceramic hob (930mm) in the past, moved house and this kitchen has a smaller hob and it really bugs me. I have a chefs pan 30cm diameter that I use a lot, but on the smaller hob it covers most of it not really leaving enough space for other pans for cooking veg or rice, etc.

So, yes, would definitely recommend wider hob.

Have also heard that induction hobs can be noisy when used at full capacity, i.e. all zones on at same time. Apparently the magnets make a loud buzzing sound.

Have you looked at Miele or DeDietrich?

LavenderBombshell Tue 29-Jan-13 14:21:05

OK, I don't own one but have just ordered the Siemens Built in iQ500 900cm touch control ceramic induction Hob , extra wide , stainless steel (it says 'ere)
Model no EH975SME11E . Had a try of one in the kitchen showroom and it seemed good (my worry was not having a gas hob). V. responsive and the controls are "slidey" rather than keep pressing to increase or decrease heat IYSWIM , which seems more natural to me . The hot bits are sort of side by side in a row of 4 rather than in a square , which is a configuration I had with previous gas hob and I much prefer it to four square. I trust the kitchen chap I have and he swears noone has had a problem with this one.

But we'll see smile
LB

Tingo Tue 29-Jan-13 13:45:36

I have been going round in circles online today. Neff? Siemens? Indesit? Is the 'flexiinduction' zone worth paying extra for? Are wider hobs that much easier to use? Must get sone fresh air!

fussychica Tue 29-Jan-13 13:20:19

bumping as watching for help too.

Tingo Tue 29-Jan-13 11:38:14

Any recommendations (make and model) for an induction hob that works well with no particular issues - can't bear issues.

I like the look of those wider hob or one of those 'zoneless' wonders so any feedback from owners of these would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now