Anyone bought a washer/dryer recently and happy with it?

(14 Posts)
KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Fri 08-Feb-13 12:27:19

Hmm, I might give it a try. I will start a thread for more tips, good idea, thanks!

nancerama Thu 07-Feb-13 10:11:02

My friend swears by putting dry towels in the washing machine with a wet flannel on a fast spin to get them fluffy. I've never tried it though. Let me know if it works!

Ionasky Thu 07-Feb-13 10:05:24

Good decision - i can't wait to replace the washer dryer with a washer! Try a post on the housekeeping thread re the fluffy towels smile

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Wed 06-Feb-13 22:05:06

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end, due to constraints on the size of machine we could get which significantly limited our options, we ended up just getting a washing machine rather than a washer dryer. It's very good, but now I just have to figure out how to get fluffy towels without a dryer...

Andcake Wed 06-Feb-13 19:54:42

My old hotpoint died after over 10 years in September when ds was 6 weeks old (typical) again had problems with depth so ended up with indesit iwdd7143s (bought at John Lewis) www.johnlewis.com/231656636/Product.aspx I must admit I didn't do as much research as usual ( due to ds) but I'm very happy with it and was delivered and fitted really quickly. Not as quiet as I expected but seems to work well.

Ionasky Wed 06-Feb-13 14:24:48

don't buy the john lewis own brand ones - loathe the washer dryer I have - it takes 4.5 hours to do a wash/dry and it comes out really creased. The washer bit is ok though.

BerylStreep Sat 02-Feb-13 23:34:38

I got the Bosch Logixx last year, and I am really happy with it.

At £979 it is quite pricey, but it is great.

DeathMetalMum Sat 02-Feb-13 09:30:13

We have a hotpiont WDL540P have had it 2 1/2 years. No space for dryer either. It is good for what we use it for. Which is drying dd's clothes, and underwear. Other things do take a v long time to dry.
The 40° cycle that I use takes 90 minutes. Admittedly this is the first machine I have ever bought so not much experience of others.

noisytoys Fri 01-Feb-13 13:29:35

I had an Indesit one it has just broke after 7 years. I wouldn't buy a washer drier again they are too much hassle, the drier is rubbish and they take to long to do anything

issimma Thu 31-Jan-13 07:51:53

We had the same issue! I wanted to buy one from John Lewis (after sales, customer service, price matching), so cross checked their machines against the Which reviews. Our budget was £500 but we got an Indesit one for 365 inc delivery, fitting and taking old one away.

It was only last week, but it seems fine (I use the 60min dry cycle as it's faster than, but as good as, cupboard dry setting). Should still be in stock.

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Tue 29-Jan-13 14:38:25

We have one just now and it's fine for what we use it for tbh (well it was until a disaster this week, but we've had it 7 years). Not as good as a seperate tumble dryer obviously, but I think they have got a bit better over the years.

I'm now just very hacked off that we have such a limited choice if we do have to replace it. Even though it was an unexpected expense, I was quite looking forward to finding something new, but now I'm hoping it can be repaired!

fussychica England Tue 29-Jan-13 13:25:41

I had one years ago - hated it. Complete waste of time -had to unload half (at least) of the laundry at the end of the wash cycle then reload. Took forever to dry stuff. It was an expensive mistake which I won't repeat even though I don't have space in my little place for a tumble dryer.

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Tue 29-Jan-13 11:00:09

Gah, I've remembered that the idiots who put in our kitchen left just under 600mm for the washing machine. So so far can only find hot point machines at 595mm...

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Tue 29-Jan-13 10:32:45

We're probably going to have to replace our washer/dryer and wondered if anyone had any recommendations? They don't have the best reputation, but we don't have room for two separate machines. We don't use the dryer a lot, but it's useful for towels, bedding etc.

This is a unexpected purchase - I'd planned to save up for a Miele but tbh at the moment I'd rather not go more than £500-£600.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now