Colour wash

(9 Posts)
IDreamedADreamOfSausageRolls Tue 29-Jan-13 20:09:29

Good knowledge ilovepowerhoop - thanks! I will switch back to a (colour-friendly) powder when my liquid runs out smile

steppemum Mon 28-Jan-13 22:00:17

asda's own colours. Is good

powder is only bad for colours if you use a powder that isnt designed for colours iyswim. Normal bio and non-bio powders contain bleach whereas powders for colours dont. I dont like liquids as they make the drum slimy and cause marks on the clothes.

IDreamedADreamOfSausageRolls Mon 28-Jan-13 21:56:54

I read somewhere that powder was bad for colours as it causes fading, so I use liquid instead. Currently Method but generally whatever's on offer.

wonkylegs Mon 28-Jan-13 21:41:13

Sorry I only use Persil non bio powder (tried lots of others but DH is allergic) but only a small scoop which always seems enough to get rid of the general dirt, specific marks & stains get stain remover.
Colours all come out bright (except DSs rubbish school polo shirts)
I use less than it says on the box though so they last a lot longer.

K2ZJH Mon 28-Jan-13 21:37:04

aldi's own is brilliant!

onepieceoflollipop Mon 28-Jan-13 21:36:23

Usually ariel or persil colours . Liquid for a quick wash/delicates, powder for longer cycles. I stock up when on offer and when it is it's often cheaper than own brand.

we currently use tesco powder for colours - seems to do ok

Jelly15 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:31:36

What washing powder/tablets/liqitabs do you use/recommend for coloureds. I have been using Ariel and Persil but they are so expensive and I don't always use fabric conditioner for school trousers and towels etc so I don't want to use the ones with it built in IYKWIM?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now