heavy traffic marks on carpet any good tips to remove

(17 Posts)
addictedtolatte Tue 29-Jan-13 19:01:08

Thanks not so will get looking for it tomorrow smile

ceres Tue 29-Jan-13 17:47:39

"not for use on carpets.

i'm going to give it a go anyway"

'mmmmmm

yes. i like to live on the edge. while shampooing my carpets!

having done lots of googling, and reading the bottle which says it is safe for all fabrics including wool, i have decided to take a calulated risk and use it diluted in my carpet washer. which incidentally says i should use nothing in it but carpet shampoo - but i have used everything in there from vinegar to oxyclean. and it's been fine.

notso Tue 29-Jan-13 13:00:15

...its Vanish Power Powder, large area carpet cleaner.

notso Tue 29-Jan-13 12:58:40

No it's a special carpet one, hang on I'll go and see if I still have some left.....

addictedtolatte Tue 29-Jan-13 12:52:27

notso is the vanish powder you use in washing machine or do you buy a special carpet one. thanks

NormaStanleyFletcher Tue 29-Jan-13 12:10:33

<lurking for tips>

notso Tue 29-Jan-13 12:08:48

The vanish powder-thing is really good, you sprinkle it on and it kind of gets wet without water, then you vacuum it off.

My SIL has a poly-prop carpet and she bleaches it even though it's not dirty because they are always in PILs house I am not sure if I could bring myself to do ours though incase I wreck it.
Rug doctor is brilliant, the old carpet we inherited was rancid and the Rug Doctor did really clean it up.

PigletJohn Tue 29-Jan-13 11:52:16

"not for use on carpets.

i'm going to give it a go anyway"

'mmmmmm

I've found the Vanish Oxy spray very good. You should not brush it in as it will make the carpet frizz, but you can massage it in with fingertips.

ceres Tue 29-Jan-13 08:15:52

i have the same problem. i recently had a google for ideas on how to clean these areas - i found a reccommendation for Ace fabric bleach.

i have bought some but haven't got round to trying it yet. on the bottle it says it is wool safe........but it also says not for use on carpets.

i'm going to give it a go anyway. i have a carpet cleaner so am going to put the Ace in that.

PigletJohn Mon 28-Jan-13 22:40:21

Rug.

ClaudiaSchiffer Mon 28-Jan-13 20:08:55

I know it's dull but can you implement a shoes off in the house rule?

addictedtolatte Mon 28-Jan-13 20:07:08

Stalk away lol smile I might just ban visiters with there messy feet shock

Locketjuice Mon 28-Jan-13 19:45:49

I have the same problem and I tried vanish on my cream stupidly expensive carpet and didn't do anything sad so I'm stalking this thread to try and find something also wink

Reaa Mon 28-Jan-13 19:44:01

The vanish powder works better IMO

addictedtolatte Mon 28-Jan-13 19:43:16

No I haven't tried it. Is that something you wold recommend?

Have you tried the vanish carpet foam?

addictedtolatte Mon 28-Jan-13 18:59:05

You know the area where people sit on sofa it keeps getting soiled from peoples feet. Is there any good way of cleaning it. I've used from in past but it just goes black. Got it cleaned 4 weeks ago but the problem is back. NY advice would be appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now