Sorting the linen cupboard!

(11 Posts)
Meringue33 Mon 28-Jan-13 12:18:38

Dear sheet manufacturers: it would really help me if you printed the sheet size on the label (like with clothes) so I can tell which is which!

Also how in hell's name does one fold and store fitted sheets?

LemonBreeland Mon 28-Jan-13 13:55:22

I store mine with the duvet covers they go with. But I agree they should label them. Hotel sheets have a line of different colour thread through the edge of them for size.

Meringue33 Mon 28-Jan-13 14:32:06

That would help... I have the same issue with the duvet covers, guess it is my own fault for having all linen in the house the same colour

LemonBreeland Mon 28-Jan-13 14:54:51

I suppose it depends on how much space you have in the cupboard. I have a kingsize pile and a single pile, but am lucky to have a huge cupboard. Most of my bedding is white too.

The king stuff folds a lot bigger than the single. I guess if you have dbl and king it may be more tricky.

This thread title made me laugh as we know a couple for whom 'sorting the linen cupboard' is code for sex, when they want to mention it without the children realising what they are talking about.

nannyl Mon 28-Jan-13 15:15:17

white company do grin

ISeeSmallPeople Tue 29-Jan-13 20:02:50

Sharpie on the label.

Fold a fitted sheet by folding in half & tucking the corners into eachother. Fold in half the other way so all four corners neatly tucked into eachother, & the rest is folded normally. Then fold as you would any other sheet. Look on you tube, I'm sure someone has done a video of it smile

Fold everything and put into one of the pillowcases so a complete bed set comes out at once from the cupboard.

AuntLucyInPeru Tue 29-Jan-13 20:15:18

There's a great YouTube clip in how to fold a fitted sheet. Google it and live in awe grin

DewDr0p Wed 30-Jan-13 23:08:02

John Lewis also print the size on the label. I write it on with indelible pen otherwise (is that what a Sharpie is?)

ISeeSmallPeople Thu 31-Jan-13 10:00:13

Yes smile

Meringue33 Tue 05-Feb-13 08:52:57

Ace, will get onto it - thanks guys! Pmsl at ThreeBee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now