how to dress a window?!

(12 Posts)
notso Wed 30-Jan-13 13:24:01

What song Spanishfly [nosy]. I saw a bathroom on May the Best House Win with a wall covered in lines from songs, I am hoping to copy it when we eventually do the bathroom.

SpanishFly Wed 30-Jan-13 13:11:30

i've pm'd you smile

Mandy2003 Wed 30-Jan-13 13:08:18

Oooh, that sounds good SpanishFly! Will you post a photo when its done?

SpanishFly Wed 30-Jan-13 06:37:09

Notso, thanks for the idea - the panels wouldnt work in the room, as there is so little space between the window and my side of the bed that i'd keep bumping them when i walked past. I'm going to look into them for my dining room, tho - thanks smile

SpanishFly Wed 30-Jan-13 06:24:48

Hmm, Mandy, I think I may have found what I need, in terms of stickers. It's a quote from a song - I know that sounds naff, but I like it smile
Thanks for the idea - I hadn't considered going down that route.
I figure that a bit of detail beside the window will work, rather than having the focus on the window itself.

reliablemillipede Tue 29-Jan-13 19:24:52

Time for an update for me !!

notso Tue 29-Jan-13 13:19:04

I think it is outdated, it makes me think of Laurence Llewelyn Bowen/Changing Rooms.

What about those long opaque panels you get in Ikea, you get them on a sliding rail like a blind but they go outside the window.

I think the voile pole thing looks fussier than a pair of curtains, I would go for curtains that blend with the wall colour rather than contrast or stand out too much.

SpanishFly Tue 29-Jan-13 13:07:22

I think it is outdated - but maybe i'm wrong...!

Mandy, thanks v much indeed - i'll have a look at the links

reliablemillipede Mon 28-Jan-13 21:24:35

Is Voile round a pole really outdated now ??

Mandy2003 Mon 28-Jan-13 20:14:51

Shutters (louvres) like this fixed in the open position surrounding the window?

Or vinyl stickers - a trail of stars, butterflies, flowers etc in a random pattern right around the window? I'm not too keen on them but the adverts on eBay they always look pretty good.

SpanishFly Mon 28-Jan-13 19:25:56

Anyone?

SpanishFly Mon 28-Jan-13 00:00:26

We have bought new (cheap but nice) duvet cover and lightshades etc. Also bought a roller blind. I dont want curtains up - the room is small and curtains have made it look too"fussy" in the past, along with the fact I cant seem to find any that match/coordinate.

In years gone by, I'd have bought fabric or voile to drape round a curtain pole to soften the window - but that's obv outdated now. What can I do instead so that the window isnt stark? Or would a roller blind be fine as long as there's a vase or similar on the sill?

tia for suggestions x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now