Thinking about getting a cleaner - tips needed!

(2 Posts)
nannyl Sun 27-Jan-13 13:56:21

i have a cleaner

she is great.... she is also very busy.... our old house was a victorian end of terrace, but went over a large alley so we had a tiny downstairs and reasonable size upstairs.... 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, and a lounge (tiny) and largish kitchen.

she always did 2 hours a week and meant she did everything each week

We have now moved to a much larger house, 4 beds / 3 receptions / MASSIVE dining kitchen as well as a utility room and large entrance hall.... Unfortunately she cant offer us more hours as she has none.... so we make do with the 2 beds we use, bathroom / kitchen / utility / playroom and downstairs loo being "done" every week.... and each week she does 1 of the other rooms that we dont use on a daily basis (children not allowed in grown up sitting room)

It just about works for us, but id love her to do 3 hours a week really, as she has to do stuff quickly rather than thoroughly now....

definitely money well spent.

Windowbasket Sun 27-Jan-13 11:30:39

I have been in my newish job for 3 months now, working 5 days a week. I have two primary school age DCs and DH commutes to London every day so is out from 7am-7.30pm. Until now I have managed the cleaning myself, we don't have a massive house. But there is so much other stuff to do like shopping, washing, blah blah you know all the usual! Does anyone here have a cleaner and can you recommend having one? I'm new to all of this, I don't have a lot of spare cash but am wondering if I could find the money, would it be money well spent!

For those of you who do have a cleaner, how many hours a week do you think is needed? I have a victorian semi with 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms.

Am grateful for any advice here from those in the know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now