Can you get toothpaste out of silk?

(10 Posts)
bishboschone Thu 31-Jan-13 14:12:46

Really ? I'm what way? I'm a dry cleaner and have washed hundreds of silk items . A scarf should be easy peasy to wash as there is no structure . Is it just shrivelled up ? Maybe take it to get it pressed ?

catkitson Thu 31-Jan-13 00:30:19

Nah, screwed.

bishboschone Tue 29-Jan-13 17:29:54

Was it ok?

catkitson Mon 28-Jan-13 07:02:26

Thanks!

Im going to try a hand wash with silk liquid detergent. If that doesnt work ill cry have a go with a machine wash. I suspect its buggered to be honest.

PigletJohn Mon 28-Jan-13 01:37:39

ha! more replies!

It's mostly china clay so probably getting it damp for a while first would soften it so it washes out more easily.

Sometimes silk is better tied in a delicates bag.

bishboschone Mon 28-Jan-13 01:29:07

With delicate liquid detergent for colours.

bishboschone Mon 28-Jan-13 01:28:45

Hand wash cycle in the machine .

PigletJohn Mon 28-Jan-13 01:13:53

I usually get mine out of a tube hahahahahahahahahaha!

<sorry>

handwash with a detergent suitable for silk?

catkitson Sun 27-Jan-13 10:49:24

Ds was playing potions apparently, and decided he would use my oversize silk scarf as a wizard's robe. He has got toothpaste all over it. I am unlikely to ever be able to afford another one like that, and it is literally the nicest thing I own.

Any way I can salvage it? Its liberally spread throughout so not just a small area.

I posted in chat, but perhaps someone here might have an idea, I dont want to try and get it out and ruin it totally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now