Hanging your Ironing Board Up ?

(7 Posts)
BeaLola Wed 23-Jan-13 13:13:30

My ironing board sits upstairs in study wardrobe as only place it fits & as a result I end up ironing upstairs in bedroom.

I would like to iron downstairs either in kitchen/family room (no large storage gaps or cupboards downstairs) but tbh don't want to lug board & iron up & down the stairs every other day.

I was wondering whether you can get a contraption to hang it on that I could put in utility room behind door/on door & then not so far to move it each time.

Have you done this - does it work ?

TIA

NightLark Wed 23-Jan-13 13:15:03

Yep, I got a cheap thing from Sainsburys, the iron sits in a rack at the top, the board hangs below it. We have a tiny, tiny kitchen, no utility etc and it is on the wall in the kitchen. Otherwise it would have to be under the sofa, and it would never, ever come out!

sooperdooper Wed 23-Jan-13 13:17:35

Yes, I have a hook on the wall in the understairs cupboard for the ironing board so it stays in place - I got it some B&Q and just screwed it to the wall smile

Although the thing the iron sits on sounds better!!

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 23-Jan-13 13:20:07

This is what you need. The combined iron & board hooks will be too wide to comfortably fit behind a door.

LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Wed 23-Jan-13 13:21:53

I hung mine up years ago. Down with ironing!

UterusUterusGhali Wed 23-Jan-13 13:51:02

I have an iron + board hook that sits comfortably behind my understairs cupboard door. It's sooo handy. Sil gave it to me, but I think it was from gonebase.

UterusUterusGhali Wed 23-Jan-13 13:51:24

Homebase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now