Any tips for removing iron-on labels?

(6 Posts)
ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Thu 24-Jan-13 19:55:55

If you haven't already done so, try picking at the corner with your fingernail - a little bit should loosen and this usually pulls off easily, leaving the real sticky stuff behind. Or maybe you just have better quality iron-on labels than me smile

Crikeyblimey Thu 24-Jan-13 19:26:13

If you've got a tumble dryer, they'll come off a treat after a "quick tumble".

CashmereHoodlum Thu 24-Jan-13 19:22:58

Thank you both! I've got the sticky stuff remover somewhere so I will try that. I haven't been able to remove any of it so far but I think I will try tweezers.

ItsIcyOutsideIThinkINeedThorin Thu 24-Jan-13 14:29:36

I pull the top layer off (it comes off easily) and just leave the bottom gluey layer on.

treesntrees Wed 23-Jan-13 18:30:11

Try using sticky stuff remover. I've not tried it on fabric but it has worked on everything I've tried it on. Obviously I don't have to tell you to choose a garment of low value first to try. I use the B&Q one. have you looked on the lakeland site?

CashmereHoodlum Wed 23-Jan-13 10:59:58

I have a pile of DC's clothing I am going to give to the charity shop but I can't get the iron-on name labels off! I've tried ironing over it with greaseproof paper like it says on the instructions but they are not budging. I might try to scribble over the name with a laundry marker but I don't think I should do that on white shirts!

I suppose I could just donate them with the labels on but I feel a bit funny about that. Most of the garments I have labelled in three places to avoid them going astray! At least I am reassured that the labels do stay on properly.

Has anyone ever successfully removed them, and if so how???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now