All seperately here too.
Tea towels 90 degree wash
Bathroom towels 60
Toilet fluffy mat 90 degree
Cleaning stuff separately

All with napisan & white vinegar

e1y1 Tue 29-Jan-13 23:41:35

I do exactly what ihear does.

I collect all cloths and tea towels in a seperate bucket until there is a respectable machine load and then put them in the washer on hottest wash with powder detergent and a squirt of bleach.

I wouldn't dream of washing them with clothes/bathtowels/underwear.

I wipe my worktops, cups and plates with them. shock

KatyTheCleaningLady Wed 23-Jan-13 09:30:31

I have lots and lots of cloths, and even if there's not enough for a load, there's always underpants to wash them with.

Iggly Wed 23-Jan-13 09:17:34

No they get washed with everything else.

I stick them on a hot wash with the kids clothes so I know they're clean.

Do you wash your pants separately? Because there might be tiny microscopic poo flakes on them...

PolterGoose Wed 23-Jan-13 09:16:25

Mine just get chucked in the washing machine after use and get washed with everything else. If I use several in a day, for once in a blue moon 'spring clean' then I might wash them separately.

DeepRedBetty Wed 23-Jan-13 09:14:32

I use the microfibre ones too, the most important thing is to not use conditioner with them (or any other towels that you'd rather be usefully absorbent than feel fluffy but are actually no more use than a chocolate fireguard). DP is obsessed with the stuff and I'm considering banning him from touching the washing machine.

LibraryMum8 Wed 23-Jan-13 03:23:27

I know what you mean because I feel the same way. I make sure I use hot water though and just do them all together.

ComradeJing Wed 23-Jan-13 03:17:39

That's exactly it Betty, I DO trust my washing machine to wash them properly. I'm just not sure if it is neurotic to wash them on their own or very slovenly not to.

I'm also using microfibre clothes if that makes any difference.

<disclaimer: have never kept a house before so never had to worry about this sort of thing>

bluecarrot Wed 23-Jan-13 01:17:55

Hand wash with v hot water and drop of tea tree - we use microfibre so no detergent.

ihearsounds Wed 23-Jan-13 00:32:31

All the cloths get dumped into a bucket, which when full gets dumped into the washer with powder and some dettol. I have loads of cloths though. Different coloured for the different jobs. My mirror ones are different to the window ones. The dusting (I say dusting but don't use polish) is different to the tv one. And although stuff gets wiped in the bedrooms, they are different to the ones from the living room. Never mind the cloths for the hallway.... Gawd I sound neurotic

DeepRedBetty Wed 23-Jan-13 00:27:11

confused why is it revolting to wash them with everything else? Do you not trust your washing machine to clean everything properly?

ComradeJing Wed 23-Jan-13 00:25:52

Do you wash them separately to everything else?

It seems a bit revolting to wash them with anything else but it seems really wasteful to wash them on their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now